Thursday, February 25, 2010

Wednesday challenge on a Thursday

Good morning!

So I'm a day behind in sharing this card with you here since this was my sample for the All That Scraps challenge. This week we want to see you use some kind of text paper on your cards... it can be torn from an old book, cut from a newspaper or even scrapbook paper that's made to look like that. I took the later approach and used the October Afternoon Cherry Hill die-cuts for a quick and easy decorative border strip that only looks like I punched it out of old dictionary paper... yep, I'm a cheater, cheater pumpkin eater LOL! :)

For the main image I altered Sugarplums Polka Dot Emma simply by wiping away the bottom half of her swimsuit and torso then drew in the skirt on her new dress. Oh and I added some shoes to her feet too. Now she's ready to step off the beach and head off for a day out on the town. :)

I hope to see you join in this week's challenge, there is a super cute Pebbles Inc Lil Buddy paper and sticker set up for grabs which would make some fantastic boy cards! Just be sure to post your entry on the blog using Mr Linky by Tuesday at 10:00pm est. Your card must include a stamp sold in the All That Scraps store (don't worry there are a ton to choose from... check it out!) to be eligible in our weekly giveaway and only one entry per person please. :)

I can't wait to see all the cool cards everyone comes up with for this challenge!

Happy stamping my friends! :)

Supply list:
cardstock- cardstock warehouse and PTI
paper and die cuts- October Afternoon (Cherry Hill, Detours and Ducks in a Row)
stamp- CC Designs (Sugarplum Polka Dot Emma), Basic Grey (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Kaiser Craft pearls
Copic black multiliner 0.3 pen
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20
hair- Y21, Y23, YR21, YR24
clothes- YG03, YG23, YG25, Y19, R35, R37, R29, R11, R12, R14

28 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Your card is amazing!!

♥Rach♥ said...

She's just perfect, I love her colorful outfit and cute little shoes :0)

Angela said...

Amy, this is so adorable!! I can feel the warm breeze and smell the flowers blooming!! And that smell of fresh cut grass!! Hold on that's just a dream!! But this card had me there even if it was just for a second or two!! Love this Amy!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Leanne said...

Such a pretty card Amy! Love the alteration to her outfit.. and the bright colors on the papers.. It's not called cheating, it's called "shortcuts" ;) Great card!

gobeagirl said...

Amy she is just adorable! I love the colors she picked out for her outfil the scarf she put in her hair. What a fashion girl she is. hehe... This card just makes you feel warm and want to go for a walk downtown...Love it. Lisa

Unknown said...

Super duper bright, fun card, Amy! Very spring looking! Love it! Have a wonderful day!

RiNNE said...

Very cute card! Awesome altering. Love "cheating" as well. And your pearls add the perfect touch!

Niki Estes said...

This is such a pretty card, Amy! I love the colors and patterned papers. I just received my order in the mail from All that Scraps and I absolutely love those cute little baby bunny stamps!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy - at least for a cheater you are way over the top creative!!! lol Love how you incorporate the elements from the scrapbooking side of the industry! Adorable Emma - I'm gonna try some of this altering someday! well, I guess I kinda did on my Emma...I cut that pumpkin right off! hahaha
Pam Going Postal

donna mikasa said...

Love your amazing altering, as always! Such a colorful, cheery card...

Lysa said...

TOO cute!! Love all of your altering :)

Shirley N said...

Just adorable Amy!

1LuvnMama said...

OH boy! I luv what you did with this! You did it again . . . always creating something fun and fabulous!

Tracey Feeger said...

Absolutely fabulous as always Amy.
Love those bright DP's.
mwah
Trace

crafty amy said...

Yippee it is time for my weekly Amy Young fix :D This is so cute I love her skirt I will have to have a go at this challenge I love the idea of using text paper.....hummm I am thinking about some certain rabbit images I got recently ;) and maybe an alice in wonderland theme to fit with down the oh Alice challenge too.... now my brain is whiring!

Hugs

Amy xx

Alice said...

cute cute cute!! she is so adorable!! lovely cad, Amy!! =)

Joy said...

awe...she is so sweet. you colored her so nicely. this is a cute image. love the layout too. TFS! happy Thursday!

WickedPixie said...

Oooh, Amy, I love the bright cheerful colors you used and the altering you did on her! Great card! :-)Traci

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a stunning card Amy! Beth

Tammy Hershberger said...

Amy, your card is adorable!!! LOVE how you used the text paper for the punched border and the flower! It's perfectly incorporated into the design! LOVE the bright colors, too!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE this Card Amy...Text paper is always one of my FAVES....hugs!

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... your altering just ROCK, Amy! Love love love this beautiful card with all the details!!

Mary Giles said...

Amy this is just way too cute!!! I love all the different layers and the wya you did the flower. Gorgeous coloring as always!

Victoria said...

aaw Emma looks too cute the way you've altered her
Hugs
Victoria
x

Unknown said...

How amazing are you?! Love this card, Amy! Blessings, Deborah

Ελευθερία said...

just love your alterations!!! amazing card!!!

Tasha said...

Wowzer Amy this card has really got it going on - its beautiful. Loving the colours and fabulous diecuts. Fab layout too
love tasha xx

MicheyMoo said...

This is such a happy, colourful card!! And I can't believe I haven't left a comment earlier!! Its been such a busy week. Littlemiss Sugarplum is gorgeous and I love her head scarf/tie.

Just heard that where I live (Sydney) and the east coast of Australia is now also on Tsunami alert following the massive earthquake in Chile. They're not expecting and land inundation, but higher than usual waves and such. Will be praying for all those devastated, killed and injured by this earthquake and those involved in the rescue & recovery efforts and that no further losses are experienced because of the aftershocks/effects. *so much happening in the world right now* *sigh*

xxx