Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sweet November spotlight on Lisa Gobea

Welcome to the weekend friends!

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I've got another fun spotlight to share with you but real quick before we jump into that, I've been asked by a few of you about the Sweet November Gal badge on my sidebar and I just wanted to fill everyone in on that. This first badge is for my SN Gals and Guest Gals but I do plan on making a Sweet November Stamps badge that anyone who wants to can add to their blog. Hopefully I can get it done after this release. :)

Ok, now for the fun stuff! Today's spotlight is shining on one of the sweetest, most kind hearted stampers I have had the pleasure of getting to know... Lisa Gobea! Over the last few months I have watched Lisa blossom into the wonderful stamper/cardmaker that she is today. She's never afraid to try a new style or technique yet she always stays true to a certain clean, linear design that really lets her beautifully colored images be the star of the show. Her attention to detail even extends to the insides of her cards as well, which impresses me to no end. Lisa's passion and love for her craft shines through in every card she creates and that is always a joy to see!
Now let's see how Lisa answered the SNS quiz...

1. What color do you feel represents your personality and why?

I would have said black a few years ago, but now I would say brown. It comes in tons of different hues and you can dress it up to be serious or you can play it up with pink or blue or just about any other color and it is fun and full of kick. LOL...

2. Is your style of dress/ home decor similar to your style of cardmaking?

In a small way. I like my surroundings neat and tidy, but when I see pictures of rooms in a magazine that have painted walls and everything is just right I love that too. So, who knows.

3. What one thing always puts you in a good mood?

Wow, for me this is the hardest question of all. I am almost always in a good mood, so to choose just one is tough. However, if I am in a pretty stressed out mood I put on my very old but still very much loved 98 Degrees CDs and that always tends to calm me down and cheer me up at the same time.

4. If you could visit any time in history when would it be?

I would have to say the 50's. I love the idea of moms being moms and the dads being dads. I enjoy the music, the lack of swear words and just the clean, happy, honest time of life. One of my all time favorite movies is the Longest trainer just because of that reason.

5. If you were a mythical creature ie. fairy, elf, mermaid, troll etc., what kind would you be and why?

I would so be a mermaid. I love to swim and the thought that you could swim under the water and not have to worry about anything bothering you. Also, I don't think I have ever seen an ugly mermaid. LOL...

Bonus question
6) If you are a fellow Gleek, which character from McKinley High do you most identify with?


Ok, now don't laugh. I am a Gleek and I admit it openly. I would have to say that I identify with Emma Pillsbury. I have a secret crush on Mr Shue, (don't tell my husband) and I love the way he sings and that boy can dance. I would have been sitting with her when he sang his mash up of 'Don't stand so close to me' to Rachel. I would have looked like both of them... now you know my deep, dark secret... LOL.

Great answers Lisa! :)


Now you know I love being inspired by my fellow crafters and here's how Lisa's sassy and fabulous miss Sparkle Thistleweed card influenced me today. The first thing I was drawn to was her use of all that pattern paper, 5 different papers on one card! And the fancy, layers of punched edges in the middle is very cool looking. Other than switching which side I placed my slightly altered Darby on (I replaced her flower with a four leaf clover) I stayed pretty true to Lisa's over-all design.

To see more of Lisa's beautiful work check out her blog. And beginning tomorrow Lisa, Rachel and Traci will all be joining me in the Sweet November Easter sneak peeks, if you like cute you won't want to miss this! Oh and you know this Easter candy is gonna be better than Peeps and Cadbury Eggs... ;)

Later!
Supply list:
cardstock- GP and PTI
paper- Basic Grey (Organic)
stamps- Sweet November Stamps (Darby and Bumbles)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox blackbird chalk ink
Martha Stewart border punch
brads
button
Studio Calico twine
ribbon
Sakura stardust pen
computer font- Kristen
Copic multiliner 0.3 pen
Copic markers:
skin- E50, YR00, E51, R20
hair- E55, E57, E59, E49
clothes- Y11, Y13, Y15, Y18, E44, E47, E49, E40, E41, YG11, YG13, YG17, G28, G07
bumbles- Y21, YR23, YR24, W5, W7, W9, BG000

19 comments:

MicheyMoo said...

Cute, cute, and stinking cute!!! I love both your's & Lisa's cards!! I can't believe there is so many different DP's on one card and yet they all totally work!!! Fabulushous.

I made two cards today and had planned on printing off my new SN digi's - I've got 7 of them!! - but my printer decided that I really, really, really need to get a new yellow cartridge before it'll even think about printing any more black outlines for me!! Go figure!! So......I'll be stopping in at OfficeWorks on my way home tomorrow to get one.

I'm loving the green and gold on your card - its very Australian of you Amy. :)

The rain hasn't stopped falling all day - like seriously......friends of mine have had their house flooded by the run off this afternoon. Another gloomy day tomorrow and then again on Monday. Looks like its time for lots of crafting for me. Thanks for the rainy wishes. :)

♥Rach♥ said...

Both cards are wonderful and congrats Lisa!!! :0) Can't wait to show off the new cuties... it's killing me to wait, LOL.

Claireabelle said...

Two more fabulous cards!! Off to peruse Lisa's blog for inspiration
xx

Rhonda Miller said...

Great cards. I love the colors. TFS.

Kim Costello said...

Great spotlight Amy, thanks for sharing Lisa with us, fabulous Cards...
Thanks and WOW too on your new releases they're stunning and I had so much fun with Sprite Darby on this card thanks and BiG HuGs Kim :)

Kelly Booth said...

So cute Amy....both cards are just FAB!!!! Can't wait to see the Peeks!!!

crafty amy said...

Yay another Emma I am so glad I am not alone lol :D
I am in love with your style Ican not wait to see what you come up with for the new images and I am getting so excited to see what they are going to be!
I love this question and answer sessions it is so much fun to get to know eachother a bit better.

Hugs
Amy xx

Leah l'Orange said...

you both ROCKED with the mixin' it up! i am a huge fan of using lots of different patterns, and these cards are both LOVELY!! :)

Tonje said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous cards. Looking forward to the sneak peeks...

RiNNE said...

Lisa's answers are too funny!!!! Especially the Gleek one (can totally relate to that crush!). Both cards are beautiful! Similar linear sketch of PP being laid out & layered - totally showcased all characters! Can't wait to get D&B in the mail!

donna mikasa said...

Great group of SN gals you got there! Lisa is so much fun and it shows in her cards. Love both cards--can't wait for those stamps to arrive and looking forward to the peeks!

Victoria said...

such a cheerful card on such a dull day here, made me smile it did
hugs
Victoria
x

Alice said...

your card is sooooo warm, Amy!! love it!!

Mel said...

Wow your cards are just gorgeous, I have a smile everytime I visit your gorgeous blog. Thank you.

WickedPixie said...

Welcome Lisa! What an adorable card Lisa made and I love your version, too! :-)Traci

Stamping Cafe said...

Two fabulous card, love them both!! Can't wait for my stamps to come! :)

Crafty Jenn said...

Welome Lisa! Great work with Sparkle.

Amy, I love, love your Bumble card! The colors are fun and cheerful. Looks great with that Organic paper.

<3 Jenn

Angela said...

Lisa'a card is so adorable!! You are right she is such a nice and wonderful person!! Amy I just love what you did with your version!! I love the colors and she is just so cute!!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Unknown said...

Great answers!! I'm so glad I came across this blog!