Friday, February 5, 2010

Sweet November spotlight on Rachel Schneider

Hello, hello!

Here we are heading into a brand new weekend which is always a good thing if you ask me. :)

Now I know it seems a bit weird to be doing March spotlights so early in February but like I mentioned yesterday with the SNS release date bumped up to the middle of the month there's no time like the present to get acquainted with our Guest Gal, Rachel Schneider!

Rachel's work first caught my eye in the TGF gallery where her clever design twists and creative use of embellishments had me oohing and ahhing. She's also not afraid of using bright, fun colors on her cards, which of course makes me a fan. ;)
When you look at any of Rachel's creations you can just see the fun she is having and the enjoyment she gets out of the entire creative process. From her gorgeous coloring to the over-all design of her cards, it's all imbued with a definite sense of playfulness that suits the Sweet November Stamps to a T!

Now let's see how Rach answered the SNS quiz...

1. What color do you feel represents your personality and why?

Red! I'm not really sure why, I just have always felt most at home when wearing red.

2. Is your style of dress/home decor similar to your style of card making?

A little. I like lots of colors and almost every room in my house is a different color, though not quite the bright ones I use on cards.

3. What one thing always puts you in a good mood?

Cake wrecks (http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/). Whenever I need a quick laugh or smile I get on their site and start reading it. The photos are hilarious and the little commentary after each one never fails to have me cracking up in no time.

4. If you could visit any time in history when would it be?

I couldn't pick one so I narrowed it to these two:

1) When Elvis was at his prime. I would LOVE to have seen him live!

2) Regency era. Love my trashy romance novels and it would be neat to visit this era since I read it so much. Just to visit though, not to stay. I'm fond of running water and sweat pants.

5. If you were a mythical creature ie. fairy, elf, mermaid, troll etc., what kind would you be and why?

Definitely a fairy! I'd love to be able to fly and let's face it, you don't usually see ugly fairies. ;o)

Bonus question

6. If you are a fellow Gleek, which character from McKinley High do you most identify with?

I don't watch the show but my friend Melissa did get me into the soundtracks and I downloaded "Alone" and I LOVE IT!

Too funny! Cake Wrecks makes me laugh too! :)


Ok, so let's see how Rachel's gorgeous Ginger card inspired me today... her cool layout was my jumping off point, though I decided to turn the design on it's head to switch things up just a bit. I also really liked her use of the ribbon and how she added the flower to the center of the bow. And you just know I'm always a sucker for a good sprinkling of bling. ;)

I hope you all enjoyed getting to know a bit more about Rachel today! Be sure to check out her fun blog and then stop back by here tomorrow when I will be shining the spotlight on our other March Guest Gal, Lisa Gobea!

TTFN!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Making Memories (pink), BoBunny (floral)
stamps- Sweet November Stamps (Fruit of the Month Grape Fairy)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox creamy brown chalk ink
Prima Got Flowers
Maya Road stick pin
ribbon
Kaiser Craft gems
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic Spica clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20
hair- E50, E53, E31
clothes- YG00, YG01, YG03, YG13, YG23, YG17, YG21, YG25, R11, R12, R20
wings- G0000, G000, G00

32 comments:

Maria Therese said...

cute cards!! wishing you a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card from both Rachel and you Amy. You are two of my favourite cardmakers, always making such bright happy cards, with wonderful design elements, and pretty embellishments.

Sending lots of love to you both
Have a wonderful weekend
Suzi
xxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Amy, both are amazing !!!
So sweet !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

♥Rach♥ said...

I actually got the sprinkling of bling idea from you! ;0)

Thanks for the spotlight and kind words, you seriously just made my month. LOVE your card too, the colors are just gorgeous and I really love the green grapes of her dress this time!

~Rach

Melissa S said...

Wow I was mentioned in one of your blog post!! Rach is awesome and I love her to pieces! Both of your cards are beautiful!!

gobeagirl said...

Wow you guys. I love both of your cards. You know that I love your cards and all of your sweet stamps. Rachel congrats on the spotlight. I laughed to myself because I already have you on my favorites. I love her work also. Have a great day both of you, Lisa

Andrea C said...

wow great card

Unknown said...

I always enjoy visiting your blog, Amy! Your cards are always so inspiring! This one is no exception! I love the soft colors! Rachel's card is awesome as well! Love the color combo, one of my fav! Hope the weather gets better over there for you. Enjoy your weekend, Amy.

Allison said...

Beautiful cards... and I love the new little sidebar fairy, you should make one that we could all pull to add to our sidebars, I would use it!

Stamping Cafe said...

Your blog always makes me happy, Amy! Two gorgeous cards from Rachel and you!! Love both of them!

Have a beautiful weekend!

Jenn said...

Very pretty card!! I love the soft colors and the sprinkle of green BLING!!

Paper, Ink, Color! said...

Fun interviews! Great cards too. BTW, can I use your "Sweet November Gal" on my blog?

Unknown said...

So beautiful cards! Have a very nice weekend :)

RiNNE said...

Love both cards!!!! Awesome Q & A's!! Your soft colors are simply breathtaking, Amy!

donna mikasa said...

I've noticed Air Force Mommy in the GF gallery--she rocks!
Love both of your cards and all that bling!
Hope you have a great weekend.....stay warm!

Claireabelle said...

Wow, 2 fabulous cards!!! Love the colours
x

Kristina Lewis said...

Very pretty!!

crafty amy said...

I am so excited about the new release I can't wait to see what you create Rachel your card here is gorgeous I love the colours and can see why Amy has picked you to show case her brilliant stamps :D

Hugs

Amy xx

Tasha said...

Amy as usal your card is beautiful. Love the soft colours and your sprinle of green gems
love tasha xx

Alice said...

wow! both cards are so beautiful, Amy!!

Lysa said...

Love your Sweet November images- they are all so SWEET!

Danni said...

Both are such cute cards!

Alleena Burger said...

Very Cute cards from both Rachel and you. I do love the bow with the flower on top and the pin through it too!!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such lovely cards!

Larisa said...

I love both cards. They are done in style which I love a lot ))))

Elena Litvinova said...

Very beautiful cards!

Leah l'Orange said...

sooooo so pretty, ladies! love them both, such soft and gorgeous colours!

Tonje said...

Beautiful cards from both of you.

WickedPixie said...

Yay Rachel!! Adorable cards from both of you! :-)Traci

Crafty Jenn said...

Welcome Rachel! Your card is beautiful . Love the use of the negative with your punches.

Great take on Rachel's layout Amy. I like the Grape Fairy as a green grape. Goes perfect with the terrific colr scheme.

<3 Jenn

Angela said...

Rachel your card is just beautiful!! Love your take on it also Amy!! Both are just adorable!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Jennifer said...

These are all so cute!! I love the adorable bunnies and Easter boy!!