Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sunshine, on my shoulders

makes me happy...

So, how's everyone doing this morning?

Me? I'm good. Getting ready for work and looking forward to the day in general. I don't know why really, just woke up with a good feeling and I'm hoping it lasts. :)

This card seems to be reflecting my good mood to a 'T'... aren't the colors delish? They totally take me to my happy place LOL! Even though I haven't technically used up that Basic Grey card kit I've been playing with, when I found this new WeR Vintage Blue card kit it was totally calling my name. Between the fab color combo and the whimsical designs, this line may just be one of my new all time faves... and I never make that claim lightly. ;)
Of course I had to play with their recipes a bit and tweak the designs 'cause it's just what I do but that doesn't mean I don't love how quick and easy a kit can make the whole card making process. It was so quick that I had enough time to sketch out this new little fairy that may, or may not be a teaser of some future stamp designs... whistle, whistle... ;)

Anywho, don't be surprised if you start to see a lot more of these Vintage Blue papers on my cards in the near future... I don't think I'll be able to resist myself. :)

Ok take care my friends, see ya back here tomorrow with a Club Anya sneak peek!
Supply List:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper/die cuts/rub on sentiment- WeRMemory Keepers (Vintage Blue)
stamp- WeRMemory keepers (butterfly)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Kaiser Craft gems
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic brown multiliner 0.3
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20
hair- V04, V05, V06
wings- BG000, BG10, BG11
dress/butterfly- YR04, YR07, YR09

26 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, you can not help but feel in a good mood when you see this card. She is adorable! Does she have a name yet? Come on I know you named her. hehe You are so right this paper and the colors are wonderful. Love it! Hope you have a great day, Lisa :D

Kelly Booth said...

What a Fun Card Amy....Love the Colors here too!! Your card and design is just Perfect....
Hugs!

Leanne said...

Amy, that little fairy is so sweet hiding behind those gorgeous flowers.. I really love this layout and the colors, are fantastic.. Wonderful card!
Happy Tuesday!

Leah l'Orange said...

oh my GOOMIE, rainbow houndstooth FOR THE WIN! absolutely love it, Amy!! xo

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a cute, cheerful card, amy! thanks for sharing :)!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, that little fairy is precious! She just blends in with all the colorful goodness! Such a "feel good" card....Have an awesome day!!!

Jenny said...

She's adorable... can't wait to see the rest of your new designs..

Jenny
crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

Tasha said...

Amy this is adorable, lovely colours andi think that paper is fab
love tasha xx

Stamping Cafe said...

OMG, this is such a happy and cheery card! Love your gorgeous fairy... totally precious! Please make it into rubber!! :)

Have an awesome and beautiful week, Amy!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a bright and happy lil card! I love that lil fairy! Very cute :)

Hope you're having a fab day!
hugs, margie

1LuvnMama said...

Awww, that sweet fairy just blends right on in! Always clever and always sweet!

Marlene said...

Such a happy card!

Maria Therese said...

wow your fairy is a cute, and a beautiful card!

Shirley N said...

I'm glad you're having a great day--your card surely put me in a great mood, too, with all your beautiful colors. Love it!

Alice said...

awww... LOVE da sweet little fairy!! Pleeeeeeeeeease make it into a stamp... =) Love your delightful card!! =)

RiNNE said...

Aww, this makes me happy as well! What a sweet fairy...love all the colors too!

Unknown said...

So beautiful card! TFS :)

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

oh my gosh this card is adorable..I love the peeking..lol ...so sweet. The colours are beautiful...

WickedPixie said...

What a sweet, sweet card! I love how you use rub-on's so much for your sentiments! It inspires me to use some of those unused scrapbook things I have been hoarding!! (Hey, who is that sweet fairy I see hiding out in there - she's not going to be rubber sometime soon is she!? Hee Hee!) :-)Traci

Jackie Thomas said...

What a super sweet card. Love it. xo Jackie

Pam Varnell said...

Oh Amy I love this new "baby" on your card. Your are is always fantastic. Love this new paper too and can't wait to see more of it in the future. Hugs!!

Ελευθερία said...

lovely card as always...wonderful coulouring and choice of paper!!!

Tammi said...

I love the look on her face, so sweet and whimsical...just darling!

MarkerGeek said...

This is super sweet, makes me smile!

Rosa Forino said...

wow your beautiful card and fairy
kiss dall'italia

crafty amy said...

You are such a little tease I love it she is super cute and is just perfect peeping through the flowers :D
I love it when you wake up in a god mood like that I hope it stayed with you.

Hugs

Amy xx