Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Recipes aren't just for cooking...

Good morning!

So I've got some exciting news to share with you all today. :)
Recently Christine asked me if I would like to join the All That Scraps Challenge Team and I was delighted to accept the position! It just felt like a good fit for me since ATS is the home of Sweet November Stamps and all. ;)

If you haven't checked out the ATS challenges yet, please allow me to give you a quick run down... every Wednesday a new weekly challenge is posted and you have until the following Tuesday at 10pm est to link up your creation to be entered into the weekly giveaway. And Christine always has cool goodies from her store up for grabs... sometimes it's stamps, sometimes papers and embellies and sometimes even gift certificates... how cool is that?! It's only one entry per person BUT they have opened it back up so that you can combine your cards with other challenges and still be eligible to win... woot, woot! :)

So for my first week on the team we've got a recipe challenge for ya.
You are to use:
4 embellishments
3 pattern papers
2 colors (white/off-white don't count)
1 stamped image

For my sample card Chanter Heartsong is making an appearance once again, my two colors are aqua and green (which, to be honest, is not a combo I use regularly), my three patterns all come from Collage Press and my four embellishments are ribbon, a flower, stick pin and alpha stickers. There is also a lot of sparkle and shine on Chanter's wings and dress but alas, I just can't pick it up in my photo... ah well.

So what are you waiting for? Let's see what fabby creations you create with this fun recipe... I can't wait to see them! :)
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and CC Designs Ivory
paper- Collage Press (Seeds)
stamp- Sweet November Stamps (Chanter Heartsong)
ink- Memento rich cocoa, Colorbox creamy brown
Making Memories alpha stickers and stick pin
Prima flower
ribbon
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E50, YR00, E51, R20, W3, R43
eyes- B00, B01, B02
hair- YG01, YG03, YG13, YG17
dress/wings- E40, E41, BG0000, BG000, BG01, YG01, YG03, YG17

33 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is adorable! I love the papers, the colors and everything. I really love the flower. It's just sooo pretty all together. I think I might have to start playing over there..lol.Have a great day, Lisa

Kerry said...

Totally gorgeous Amy, I love the colors!!! The dp is awesome, and what a great idea with the ribbon and the flower behind it. Totally cool!

Claireabelle said...

Just gorgeous Amy, love the circles
x

Anonymous said...

Wow I really love these colors together !!! Really gorgeous Amy, as usual !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

kris said...

mmmm! love the colors on this beauty!! fabulous blend... and a big CONGRATS on being asked to become a DTM!!! woohooo!! hugs, Kris

donna mikasa said...

Congrats on making the challenge team--perfect fit! Hope I can join your first recipe challenge. Love the colors and all the embellies on your Chanter card.....so cute!!

Lysa said...

Congrats for being on the ATS team- I will have to play along some more now!! Love your Chanter card.. perfect soft colors :)

Marlene said...

Congratulations! I hope to be able to play along.

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card! And I'm just so impressed of your cutting around the tiny fairy feet!

Unknown said...

Congrats Amy! Your card is adorable :)

Leah l'Orange said...

oooh, LOVE her in this combo! funny, your colours are a serious go-to combo for me! absolutely one of my favourites.

therefore, i love your card even more. :)

congrats on the awesome new spot, Amy! it does make sense, and who better to do the challenges justice than the stamp creator?! can't wait to see even MORE of your yummy work! xo

Anonymous said...

OH WOW Amy! you followed the recipe to the "T" !!! I need to work on this more! lol So fancy and fussy and cute! I love your card! That is one of my favorite ribbons - I have a whole roll of it! eek! lol When I put stuff away, I forget all about it! tfs and inspiring!
Pam Going Postal

MarkerGeek said...

Loving the colours on this one, Amy!

And yay for you joining the ATS challenge team!

Shirley N said...

Congrats Amy! Chanter is adorable as usual and I love how you used your DP.

Lisa G. said...

So cute!! I love your color combo!! Great work...and Congrats ;)

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Very pretty! I'm really liking this color combo!
Thanks for the challenges info :)

hugs, margie

Stamping Cafe said...

Congrats, Amy! What a gorgeous card, love these yummy colors together, so fresh! I will have to see if I can join the fun later! :)

JenRaff said...

That is a lovely card with sweet colors!!!
Congrats to you for joining the All That Scraps Challenge Team!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card! I love these color togethr. You did an awesome job on the challenge! Great to be on the team with you!

Mel said...

Congratulations on your new DT position, and this card is soooo cute, I bet they are so excited to have you on their team also.

Joy said...

love the colors you used for this card! what a great receipe for the challenge! congrats on your DT position! woo-hoo! good-luck to you!

MicheyMoo said...

What a lovely card Amy!! I love how soft and gorgeous Chanter is.

Congrats on the being a member of the ATS design team.....it does make sense after all and you'll be super-sensational.

I'm gonna try to give the challenge a go, but time is sparse atm with mum being in hospital. I'm desperate for some 'therapy' so may find some time this weekend to play along.

xxx Michey

Jodi said...

This is a very pretty card! Love these colors together and great take on the challenge too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Unknown said...

Congrats on your DT!! Love the pretty spring colours of your card, beautiful as always,
Angela x

Alice said...

Congrats on you DT spot!! so deserved! love the colors that you used on your card! very pretty!

1LuvnMama said...

HUGE congrats on your spot! Perfect fit for a perfect gal! :) I luv the colors you chose for this card Amy. Chanter is sweet as can be!

Crafty Jenn said...

Wow! You're doing all these DTs and making stamps AND still have a day job?!! How do you do it?!

Fabby card BTW. ;)

Tasha said...

Amy this is fab - i love the colours and gorgeous layout
love tasha xx

WickedPixie said...

Fantastic Amy! How fun that we chose similar colors! I love the background you made using the different DP's! What a cool way to incorporate the 3 DP's from the recipe! I love seeing your Fairy Sweets when you color them (well, I always love those stamps, but what I mean to say is you really bring them to life!) :-)Traci

Unknown said...

A big congrats to you, Amy! This card is just darling! Awesome job!

Larisa said...

mmmmmm... so wonderful card!!

Loz said...

Gorgeous!!! Love it!

Ελευθερία said...

i really like ALL your cards!!! i never get bored to say it!!!!