Sunday, February 28, 2010

Enjoy every moment

Happy Sunday my friends... I hope everyone effected by the tsunami warnings yesterday managed to stay high and dry, my thoughts have been with you all. :)

Despite all of the crazy weather so many places have been experiencing this winter, we've had it a lot milder than usual in my neck of the woods. Heck, we're already seeing signs of springs like the crocus flowers pushing their way up through the dirt and its got me so ready for some warmer weather. And I can't help it, my cards are definitely reflecting that wish.

So I pulled out Travel Anya and used her head with Dress Me Anya's body because I just love how it looks like her hair is blowing in a gentle breeze. Now rather than taking a trip through busy, crowded airports Anya is strolling through a peaceful meadow full of fluttering butterflies and sweet smelling flowers... who wouldn't want to join her? Oh and see those little crochet flowers? My wonderful sister has taken up crochet recently and she made them just for me. I'm hoping now that I've used them up she will make me a bunch more... hint, hint Jacque... LOL ;)
I'm also entering my card into this week's Flutter By challenge. It's open so I figured it would qualify with all those little butterflies flitting about. :)
Alrighty, I'm off to work... catch ya on the flip side!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Making Memories (Flower Patch)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Travel Anya, Dress Me Anya), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox creamy brown and rose coral chalk ink
EK Success small flower punch
Martha Stewart 3 in 1 butterfly punch
brads
crochet flowers
Copic markers:
skin- E50, YR00, E51, R20, B000
hair- E25, E27, E29, E59
dress- R11, R12, R14

34 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Your cards are aøways so sweet Amy! This one gives me that spring feeling!!

Leanne said...

Spring is in the air when I look at your card. It's wonderful. Love it, it's such a happy card. =)

Kelly Booth said...

Just LOVE her Amy....she is just too sweet!!!

Marlene said...

This is just the cutest! Love how you did the "hills"!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

She is just sooo sweet, Amy! I can feel and smell spring right around the corner... even though there is still about a foot of snow that needs to melt away, lol!

TFS! hugs, margie

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card! I hope spring comes soon too. :)

Melissa S said...

Beautiful Card Amy!! I love all the papers!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is adorable. I just received Travel Anya in the mail yesterday and Madison had to make a card with her. This is so cute with her dress. I love the butterflies and the paper with her. Just adorable. Yes, I know I said that already. But worth saying twice. Jerry laughed at your email last night. It is so weird how much I am loving these papers.lol....Hugs, Lisa

1LuvnMama said...

Hi Amy!

Thanks for the prayers . . . we, here in Hawaii, are ok. Nothing more than some waves and we are all safe!

I luv those crochet flowers! I have some myself in my stash but I'm hesitant to use them. ;) I'm holding on to them for . . . I don't know . . . I can't bear to put them on a card just yet. Have a great Sunday!

Lorraine said...

hi great card hun. could you pop over to my blog please to get your blog award thanks hun xx

WickedPixie said...

Amy, this is so pretty! I l0ve how you made the "hills" she is strolling through and your creative background "sky" paper is perfect and is something I never would have thought of! :-)Traci

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a sweet sweet card! such a cute dress. love the little butterflies and flowers.
thanks for your thoughts for us! i'm just so thankful that all is well.
*hugs*

Unknown said...

So beautiful card! :)

Tracey Feeger said...

Gorgeous as always darling. You always have the most perfect pastel papers. Just divine as always.
mwah
Trace

Shirley N said...

Very sweet and as always, loving your flowers!

RiNNE said...

I hear soft music from a harp when I look at your card. It is very relaxing and I do feel a little bit of wind from the hills and butterfly wings (*note to self*- must get that punch! :)).

I love her dress and her hair blowing in the wind. Yes, thank goodness the tsunami warnings were just that. So scary that another big earthquake has hit!

Haha, you are so funny with your knowledge of paper companies! How DID you know all of that? I think that because you know and use so much paper, they should hire you for their DT so you can get more papers!!! :)

Hmm, you're right about CReative Imaginations still being in business. I think it was Creative Project or something that went out. Ok, have a great day at work!

Kellie said...

Amy this is so sweet and pretty mixed with a hint of sassy, I love the colour combo and as always your colouring is something to admire. Absolutely LOVE it!
Hugs Kel xx

Danni said...

This is so pretty! Love the soft colors! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Juls said...

so sweet! Love the soft colours and the gorgeous flowers! Hugs Juls

Kathy K said...

Beautiful card...you do an amazing job of blending with the copics!

donna mikasa said...

After yesterday, this card is certainly sweet and refreshing...an "aaaaah" feeling! Love the crocheted flowers--perfect addition to your card!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Aww wow she looks gorgeous with that head and body! LOVE it!
Kristy xx

scrapn_momof2 said...

Your cards are always so adorable!! This one is no exception.

Michelle said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute.

Stamping Cafe said...

This is so beautiful, Amy! Love the crocheted flowers, they are perfect for your card!

Randi said...

Cute!!! Love the flittering of butterflies!! Perfect touch for this adorable Anya card! Always love your creative altering! So thrilled you played along with us at FBW this week Amy!

Alice said...

so cute! love the little hills and the little butterfly on her hair!! you always add wonderful details to your card!! =)

JessicaK said...

Awww, so cute. Love the hills and flowers layout.

Karen Wilson said...

Hi there! Wow, your coloring is amazing! Love that image and those cute little butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Pam Varnell said...

Gorgeous Amy and I love the added butterflies. Such a pretty card.

Mary Giles said...

How pretty is this!! I LOOOVE the way you did the ripples in her dress.

Ελευθερία said...

welcome spring!!!!
love your crochet flowers!!!

crafty amy said...

How nice is that for your sister to have taken up such a usefull hobby lol.
I love this body swap just adorable :D

Amy xx