Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The wait is finally over

Good morning!

Welcome to our CA& Friends sneak peeks of the release coming out on Monday. Yep, it's that time again... can you believe it? :)

So we are kickin' things off today with a Wild Sprout who was super popular as a limited edition digi and is now back on the Farm in rubber... say hello to Camille!
Now call me weird but I can buy a digi and I can use a digi (when I remember to check what I have on the computer) but I never really feel like I own a stamp until I have an actual rubber version in my hands and in my binders. So I'm always excited to see them make that leap... told ya I was weird LOL! ;)

For my card today I saw Camille's stylin' little coat and jeans outfit as being perfect for a walk in the park on an early spring morning just after the rain starts to subside and the rainbow crosses the sky. There's still a chill in the air but the birds are chirping and chattering promising brighter things ahead. At least that's what I intended but now as I look at it two different scenarios keep playing out for poor Camille...
a) the jewels that were supposed to represent rain drops are actually 'presents' the birds are bombing her with or
b) she has been transported into the classic Hitchcock horror movie, "The Birds"... eeek! Run Camille, run!

LOL, oh well... ya gotta be able to laugh at yourself right? :)

Oh and the WCW Wednesday challenge is all about embossing this week so I cheated a bit and used some pre-embossed swiss dot cardstock for the background... quick and easy! Be sure to join the fun, as always there is a shot at winning a free digi!

Ok, that's all I got, be sure to stop by the CA blog to see what my fellow CA gals have created with little Camille... and then I'll see you back here with more TGF goodness on Friday!
Supply list:
cardstock- cardstock warehouse, Bazzill and PTI
paper/die cut- My Mind's Eye (Quite Contrary)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (WS Camille), Inkadinkado (kid quotes sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Kaiser Craft gems
Martha Stewart birds border punch
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20, BG10
hair- E50, E51, E53, E55
clothes- BG72, BG75, BG78, E55, E57, E59, RV34, V05, R89, R85, YG03, YG95, Y13, RV69

35 comments:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

LOL! Neither of those scenarios came to my mind when I saw this over at CA&F blog but now I see what you mean :-)

♥Rach♥ said...

HAHAHA! They never looked like bird droppings to me but pretty sure that cheered up my morning anyways ;0) Love the sentiment and the whole card in general!

Pam Varnell said...

This is so cute and if that is bird poop, well, it's pretty bird poop. LOL. Love your card girl.

Ελευθερία said...

fabulous card as always!! love the birds!!! lol

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. lmbo....I think you are too funny. I even had to show Jerry you thought that was great. Your birds look so cute, and the gems are how the drops of rain sparkle in the sunshine that follows the rain and adds to the ombiance of the beautiful rainbow. I also love the sentiment. That is great! As always your coloring is the greatest! Lisa

Angela said...

Amy, you just made my day!! Yes I had to chuckle alittle!! I think it looks like rain, but you remind me of me always reading more into things!! The problem with stamps is that I always think I have to have them all. And believe me I have alot!! The other problem is that there is just not enough time in a day to play with all of them!!! I have so much rubber that has never even seen ink!! But they have been cut out and patiently waiting their turn!!! Have a great day, Amy!!!
Hugs:)
Angela

JenRaff said...

Your card is very cute -- and it never occurred to me that it might be bird poop! Too funny!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute. I love the sentiment.

Leah l'Orange said...

tee hee heeeeeee!
i saw the CA blog this morning and KNEW that card was yours without even reading. LOVE her. love your little interpretation of the scene, too! you make a girl lullz, Miss Amy! xo

Marlene said...

LOL! I laughed out loud at the bird poop comment....of course, I tend to laugh out loud at those kinds of things. :)

Luverly card! Made me smile.

Tammi said...

LOL! I always think of that movie when I see lots of birds sitting together. ;) Your descriptions are always fun to read. So happy their releasing Camille, yay! Your card is wonderful! ~Hugs

Leanne said...

Aw great card, doesn't look like bird poop to me, if that was the case what exactly are they eatin'? hahaha...
Thanks for the chuckle, LOL!

Unknown said...

Super cute! TFS :)

donna mikasa said...

So glad your wish came true--Camille in rubber! Love her pink coat and I didn't think about "the Birds" until you mentioned it....tooo funny!

RiNNE said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKK!!! I was so scared of that Birds movie!!!! But I don't see your card as resembling that at all (thank goodness!). Love the scene AND that bird punch! Yay for Camille being made into rubber!! LOL! You are so funny, Amy!

Lisa G. said...

Great card....I would have never thought poop either! lol You crack me up!

Shirley N said...

So funny. Cute card!

Joy said...

such a cute card! I own the digi and don't know if I want to own the rubbah, but I do know what you mean about having and holding the actual stamp is so different! have a good day!

Crystal_235 said...

I didn't see either one of those scenarios when I seen your card. Great Card!

Maria Therese said...

So beautiful Amy! Not only are you great at coloring but also so good at puting together papers that are awsome together!

Lysa said...

I LOVE the colors you used for Bella *ahem* Camille! and I totally see the "raindrops"!! :)

Mel said...

I just love the sentiment, the little trees are beautiful, perfect once again.

Jessica Diedrich said...

Amy this is GORGEOUS! LOVE that sentiment too-such a cute, cute card!

1LuvnMama said...

Hey Amy~
I luv that this is a simple looking card but so stunning because of it . . . does that make sense? I luv rubbah but luv digis too! What a toss!

Alice said...

LOL!! I think it's the first scenario... =) awesome card as always!! beautiful balanced card!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE LOVE this Card Amy...it is just Perfectly SWEET!!!

Stamping Cafe said...

LOL!! I didn't even think of the "Birds"... you are a funny girl, Amy!! Your cards are always gorgeous and perfect!!

Anonymous said...

Cool card Amy! Love how you've combined your elements for this design...lovin' that new punch too! tryin' not to covet! lol
Pam Going Postal

mycardz said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card and adorable image. You've done an awesome job on this card, I love all the detail you added! I just bought that punch and have been stumped as to how to use it! Thanks for the great inspiration! :)

MarkerGeek said...

LOL!!! Poor Camille!

Love the card, it's gorgeous, as ever! Fab sentiment! Think I *need* that one...

Loz said...

LMAO! I actually thought it was rain drops when I first looked... but now you've got me thinkin!! She's gorgeous, and those birdies are sweet x

crafty amy said...

Hee hee this is so funny :D mind you if it sparkled like that I might not mind it as much :D

xx

WickedPixie said...

This is such a pretty card! You always make me laugh - "run, Camille, run!" :-)Traci

Mary Giles said...

I just LOOOve this! The colors are gorgeous and that maroon really pops off the page.

MicheyMoo said...

Oh Amy....you make me laugh!! I love your interpretation of this card!! Crack me up!!

I'm gonna try and stick with the original scenario whenever I look at this card, lol!! Mwah!