Monday, February 22, 2010

Sew sweet

Hello out there!

Here we are at yet another Monday morning... the last one of the month if you can believe it.
In a couple of days I'll have some Club Anya sneak peeks to share but until then I've got this fun alteration using Cheeky Rockabilly and digi WS Odette's body. :)
This was a bit more involved than simply swapping heads as I wanted her to have both eyes open... so I wiped away her closed eye with a baby wipe, stamped Cheeky Shooter on a scratch piece of paper and used my lightbox to trace her eye onto Rockabilly's face. I also drew in the rest of her hair so it would look nice behind her new body. Now she reminds me of a fashionable costume designer from the golden age of cinema... right down to her little pearl earrings. ;)
For a closer look at how I alter stamps, just check out the links I've added in my sidebar to the tutorials I've done over at Club Anya.

My card is also totally inspired by this week's Cupcake Inspiration challenge... I just couldn't resist the fun sewing theme when I had this new Cosmo Cricket Material Girl paper to play with. :)

Oh and for those of you who asked how I colored the dirt on my gnome card yesterday it was really simple... I started with E55 making quick messy dots and dabs with the marker, then I did the same with E57... making the dots closer together in areas that I wanted to be shadowed (like under the pots and Mr Gnome, then I added dots and dabs of E59 in the same fashion. Once that was done I went over the entire area with smooth strokes of the E55 to blend. Hope this helps!

Ok, later gators! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Cosmo Cricket (Material Girl)
stamp- The Greeting Farm (Cheeky Rockabilly)
digi stamp- The Greeting Farm (Wild Sprouts Odette)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
buttons
ribbon
Martha Stewart around the edge punches
American Crafts alpha rub ons
Zva tiny pearls
Copic multiliner 0.1 pen
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20, W5
hair- E74, E77, E79
clothes- R02, R05, E08, E07, E44, E47, E49, E50, Y32, Y23

40 comments:

Melissa S said...

So cute Amy!

Maria Therese said...

You make the cutest cards Amy!!

gobeagirl said...

Amy you are so talented! I just love this card, and she looks perfect. Wonderful, wonderful as always.lol...I keep forgetting to tell you that I love your new badge and I put it up on my blog a couple of days ago. Great work my friend have a good day. I can not wait for the previews! Does that mean I need to save money out of my check today? Hugs, Lisa

Angela said...

Amy, she is just adorable!! I love her!! And what a great card you have created for her!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Kelly Booth said...

She is soooooo cute Amy!!! I LOVE your Altering.....

♥Rach♥ said...

Odette's outfit it just PERFECT for this! Her eyes and hair are just perfect too, what a clever card!

Stephanie J said...

Awww, she's just so perfectly vintage! I loooooovvve her! One of these days, I'm going to try your altering methods... one when I'm home alone! (Something tells me the first time or two, helpful little bodies that are 8 months & 5 years of age will be more help if they don't know what I'm up to!)

WickedPixie said...

Fabulous! I love who you have put together to make this Sewing Sweety! It's funny how that material girl paper inspires!! Love it! :-)Traci

donna mikasa said...

Sew cute and clever! Love the altering--she reminds me of a dressmaker from the past! And thanks for the "dirt tutorial"--that was some cool ground you created! As always....

~* steph :) *~ said...

hi amy, your card is seeewww cute! love it! beautiful details! thanks for sharing and have a great day :)!

Tammi said...

So cute, nice mix of everything! I like when their eyes are open too. :) Have a nice day! ~Hugs

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! What an adorable card. I love the embellishments and the sentiment is so sweet.

Crafty Jenn said...

Another great "alteration". Hee hee! Fitting for your sewing theme. That Cosmo Cricket paper is super fun!

<3 Jenn

HazelQ said...

Lovely card! I love the coloring :)
Hugs
Hazel

Rachel Hope said...

ADORABLE!!! This is Excatly what I had in mind with that Cupcake ;) OK, so my brain doesn't work like yours and I never would have thought of this, but I LOVE it!!! Thanks for playing along this week!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Too cute! :)
hugs, margie

Victoria said...

love it Amy, has a really good retro vibe to it too

Hugs
Victoria
x

Anonymous said...

oh yes, retro era indeed! Awesome card Amy! I love it!
so tempted to include my address! lol
Pam Going Postal

Beth aka BR-T said...

This is awesome Amy I prefer this body to the original one call be prissy i guess! Beth

RiNNE said...

Sew sweet indeed!! All of the details are soo fab! I'm so mad at myself for missing her! Wonderful alterations!!!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing card !!! I really love the colors you used and the theme you chose !!! Gorgeous as usual !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

Unknown said...

Super sweet card! TFS :)

Marlene said...

This is the cutest! Love your original creations!

Shirley N said...

Great design Amy. Fab card!

Crystal_235 said...

Another great card!

Mel said...

Oh Amy, just gorgeous, I love it.

1LuvnMama said...

Way to alter Odette and Rockabilly! You always do such an amazing job at that altering thingy . . . hey, maybe have to dub you the "Queen of Alterations"! BTW, should I send you some musubis or sushi? You've just got to try them one day! It's just rice! hee, hee!

Leanne said...

love ur alterations! and love love love the card.. keep going!! whoo hoo!! =)

Alice said...

LOVE all your amazing details, Amy!!! this is such a gorgeous card!

Stamping Cafe said...

Totally gorgeous card with all the wonderful details, Amy!! Love it!

Tasha said...

Oh my gosh Amy this is fantsatic - it reminds me of a show i use to love as a kid - called House of Elliot!
Its amazing - your detailing is fab
love tasha xx

MicheyMoo said...

She's totally uber gorgeous Amy!! I love all the elements you've brought together with this card!!! Its totally delicious. xxx

Ελευθερία said...

love the alterations...
love your cards!!!

Joy said...

oh I just love your altered cheeky! this is totally cute! I was thinking of how to do that but you did it! how did you get her hand off her face? and both her eyes are open! love it! any whoo...thanks for sharing this with us!

Fuzzy Slippers said...

What a fun card! I love the sewing theme and the colors you used. Great job and so inspiring!

Pam Varnell said...

This is so gorgeous Amy. Love how you altered Rockabilly. Love all the elements you added to make this card sew pretty. Love that MS punch in the background.

MarkerGeek said...

LOVE this!

crafty amy said...

This is sew cute! I just love the mix of stamps she had to have both eyes open if she is using a sewing machine as they can be mean :D

xx

Ida said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! Just perfect for the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge.

Teresa Kline said...

this is adorable! *~*