Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Hello, sunshine...

Hello again!

Not a lot has changed around here since yesterday. I think I heard that the fire is about 30% contained but the smoke and ash still hang heavy in the air. I had a brief scare yesterday afternoon when the power went out again and I didn't know how long it would be down this time. Luckily it came back after only 15 minutes or so... whew!

So for my card I colored up Sunny Mae from Some Odd Girl. I'm not sure if she has made it on to a card already or not but this Mae has been stamped up and sitting on my desk for over a year so it was time to do something about that. I also decided to dig through a stack of collection cover sheets and came across one for the Basic Grey Soleil collection... talk about gorgeous! It had a lovely bohemian vibe that suited Mae to a 'T'. I was trying to figure out how to use all the pretty little bits of paper on my card when I spotted this sun burst die cut that has also been sitting on my desk since last summer as well. By cutting and gluing the paper bits behind the die I got a pretty summer gypsy type background for my card. Love it!  :)

Ok folks, that's all I got for today. Talk at'cha later! 
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Basic Grey (Soleil)
stamps- Some Odd Girl (Sunny Mae), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black, Colorbox creamy brown
Simon Says Stamp sunshine die
Doodlebug gold Sprinkles
Copic markers:
skin- E50, E51, E21, E11, R00, R20
lips- RV34
eyes- BV04, BV29, BG000
hair- E40, E41, E42, E43
clothes- RV34, R56, RV99, Y06, Y17, Y38, BV31, BV13, R32, R14, R08

5 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh this is sooo very Beautiful Amy!!!!!! Fabulous work doll!!!!
Hugs, Heidi

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning card - I love, love, love it! Jo x

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning card - I love, love, love it! Jo x

Carisa said...

I haven't been on much - so glad you are safe from the fires!!! How scary! Praying for your town and all the firefighters out there working to get it out. I absolutely adore this card - love the patterns peeking through that die!

chrilvian said...

pretty