Thursday, August 20, 2015

Happy Birthday dude...

Olo! 

Today I've got a quick card to share for the Farm Fresh 'summertime' challenge over at The Greeting Farm. I chose Summer Ian because this little dude looks like he is making sure he doesn't miss out on any of that summer time fun. I paired him up with some great paper from an older BoBunny collection because I really liked the orange, green and brown color palette. It's quite different from all of the other summer cards I've been making but it still works. When it came time to find a few embellishments to finish off the card I was struggling. I needed something not too girlie or sparkly but metal seemed too heavy and wouldn't work either. I kept thinking that I wished I had a wood tiki mask or something and that is when wood veneers popped into my head. No tiki masks are in my stash but I think that grouping these simple chevron shapes helps direct the gaze to the sentiment and the natural wood grain is a nice fit. 

Ok, time for me to go brave the ever present smoke and ash as I get this day started. Have a good one!  :)  
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- BoBunny
digital stamp- The Greeting Farm (Summer Ian)
stamps- Paper Smooches (sentiment)
ink- Memento espresso truffle and Colorbox dark brown
The Twinery twine
Lawn Fawn wood veneer chevrons
Copic marers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E13, R00, R20
hair- E35, E57, E49
clothes- YG00, YG25, YG17, Y38, YR68, W0, E41, 0