Wednesday, August 26, 2015

So thoughtful...

Hey there!

It's been a good long while since I've colored up a sepia toned image and last week I got together with a couple of friends to do just that. I've used the digital stamp Nevaeh from Saturated Canary because with that gorgeous hair and lovely dress she seemed perfect for this monochromatic treatment. It was so freeing and so much fun to work with a limited number of markers, it really makes you think about light and dark and using that contrast to add interest to the image. Nevaeh ended up with such a vintage charm about her that I wanted to continue that look with the rest of the card. Leave it to October Afternoon to provide a beautiful floral print that has that same feel of a bygone era. I went a little crazy inking up the edges with a sepia toned ink but I think it works.  ;)

Ok, thanks for dropping by my friends! See you manana!  :)   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon
digital stamp- Saturated Canary (Nevaeh)
stamp- Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Ancient Page
My Favorite Things rounded rectangle stitched die
Studio Calico wood veneer bird
Hazel and Ruby gold sequins
Crinkled ribbon
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E50, E51, E33
eyes- YR23, E37
hair- E51, E33, E35, YR23, YR24
dress/tights/shoes- YR24, E35, E37, E39, E29, E50, E51
ground/background- E30, E31, E50, E51, 0