Monday, August 31, 2015

Like a rainbow...

Hello, hello! 

Well I gotta say that this weekend turned out to be quite lovely. We got a bit of rain early Saturday morning which helped to clear up the oppressive smoke. So I was able to go outside and finally enjoy some beautiful blue skies once again. Plus it has continued to get cooler here, especially overnight which is helping with the fire situation all around. I can't tell you how much I needed to see that sunshine.  :)

And you know what you get when you mix sunshine and rain don'tcha? That's right... rainbows! Not that I saw a real rainbow this weekend but I was inspired to create my own on a card. This adorable little girlie is called Thank You and she is a digital stamp from Saturated Canary. With all those layers to her skirt I thought it would be fun to make her bright and colorful while keeping the rest of the card monochromatic white. She certainly pops off that background in a big way but I couldn't resist adding a bit of color to the sentiment as well. Rather than it taking anything away from Thank You I think it just helps reinforce the message of the card.

Ok time for me to mosey. Hope your week is off to a wonderful start!  :)   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Glitz
digital stamp- Saturated Canary (Thank You)
stamp- Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
Memory Box word bubble die
Prima flowers
iCandy dots
Kaiser Craft gems
American Crafts ribbon
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
eyes- B04, B14, BV29
lips- R22, R43
hair- C6, C8, C10, 100
clothes- R24, R46, R59, Y38, YR04, YR18, Y11, Y13, Y17, YG00, YG03, YG95, B04, B06, B18, V01, V05, V09, C0, C1, C2, N5, N7, N9, 100

2 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh my this is Amazing! !!!! So very Beautiful! !!!!!!!!
Have a Fabulous day doll! !!!
Hugs, Heidi

Tracey Ann said...

It's amazing how effectively you bring these images to life. Love this, Amy... nice sparkles! :)