Wednesday, August 5, 2015

It's your day...

Hello, hello!

Well, no rain yet but we did get a lot of wind yesterday which luckily blew away a lot of the smoke. It's still there when you go outside just not as oppressive as before. I can't tell you how nice it was to finally see patches of blue sky again. :)

My card is a quickie that I put together yesterday. I've had this sweet baby butterfly, from the Penny Black Cute as a Bug set, inked up for some time and there was something summery about her look so I grabbed her up and started to color. I wanted to give her a darker skin tone and everything was going great until my E30 ran out of ink and my blend got all streaky... ugh, I hate when that happens. Not wanting to start all over I refilled my pen and tried to salvage what I had. I'm not 100% happy with the end result because her skin just isn't as smooth as I would like but it was good enough to go on a card. The papers are all from the Studio Calico Sun Drifter collection, which I love, and I couldn't help but sprinkle the white Mister Huey on this card too. That's what happens when things don't get put away and linger on my desk, LOL! 

Alrighty, I've got to jet. Talk at'cha later!    
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Studio Calico (Sundrifter)
stamps- Penny Black (Cute as a Bug set), Simon Says Stamp (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Hero Arts ombre, Colorbox creamy brown
Prima flowers
buttons
My Favorite Things stitched circle die
Wink of Stella clear glitter and white glitter
Studio Calico Mister Huey opaque white
Copic markers:
skin- E30, E21, E31, E04, R20, V15
hair- E55, E44, E47, E49
tutu- Y13, Y21, Y35, R32, R14
wings- Y11, Y13, Y21, G0000, G00

2 comments:

Danni said...

This is so darling!!

Hey, I'm having a Flutter By Hop for my birthday in early September, would you be interested in joining in?? :)

Dotty Jo said...

Totally magical! Jo x