Tuesday, August 4, 2015

My best friend...

Mornin' friends! 

Ugh, there is a forest fire blazing up lake... nothing that is threatening us thank goodness but the smoke has been so bad since Friday that it makes being outside just miserable. Seriously, our air quality is currently listed as hazardous which means stay indoors or wear a mask if you have to go out for any length of time. I'm praying for a down pour of rain to help with the situation sooner rather than later... fingers crossed.

As for my card today, I'm playing along in the current A Day for Daisies challenge to 'Add a Feather'. At first I didn't think I would be able to join in on this challenge because I don't have any real feathers. But then I came across this wood veneer feather that I must have gotten in a kit at some point and I was set. All I had to do was find the right digi stamp to go with it. Are you surprised it is an image that doesn't have a single bird in sight? I am, LOL! But when I saw Buddy these two cute pals just spoke to me. That is when the idea to choose a mish mash of embellishments mimicking the "treasures" that might be found in a little boy's pockets came to me. I think it works quite well too because I love how this card turned out, it is definitely a new fave of mine.  ;)

Ta Ta for now!  :)  

 
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Pebbles (Boys Only)
digital stamp- A Day For Daisies (Buddy)
stamp- Paper Smooches (Paws for a Cause set)
ink- Versafine onyx black, Tim Holtz Distress weathered wood, and Colorbox creamy brown
My Favorite Things rounded stitched square die
bottle cap
button
Studio Calico feather wood veneer
twine
Studio Calico opaque white Mister Huey
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, BV20
hair- E21, E23, E35, E29
clothes- B91, B93, B95, B97, W0, W2, B45, B39, BV29, E40, W1, 0, YG91, YG93, YG95, E30, E55
dog- YR30, YR31, E34, W5, W7, W9
grass- YG93, G85, Y21

7 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh this came out Fabulous looking! !!! I pray u get some rain soon!!!!
Hugs, Heidi

Tara Godfrey said...

This is SO sweet, Amy! Fabulous concept behind the grouping of embellishments!!! LOVE how you inked in the beautiful puffy clouds! LOVE everything about it!
Hugs,t

Tanja said...

your coloring is just fabulous - thanks for joining us at A Day for Daisies

Cathy P said...

Your card is gorgeous, Amy. I love your coloring, especially the hair and your clouds. Great splotches, veneer feather, and collection of embellies! Thanks so much for playing with the ADFD challenge. Cathy xx

Unknown said...

I've looked at this stamp before and thought it was cute, but now I need to buy it!!!! Love the hair and the way the shirt matches the paper. Perfection!

Jen Leeflang said...

What a beautiful card! The clouds look amazing! Thanks for joining us for challenge #127 - Add a Feather at A Day for Daisies. Please join us again soon.
luv'n huggz
Jen L
ADFD DT

Imke said...

Really love your card and your use of color. {From The Heart Stamps} is
having a DT call in August. I hope you apply.