Sunday, July 19, 2009

Class cards

Warning: This post is fairly photo heavy but I wanted to share some cards I created for this month's card class at the LSS I work and teach at.

I built this class around the whole idea of using rub-ons. I've found that even though they have come a long way in quality over the past few years there are still a lot of people out there who think they are too difficult so they never try them. I also wanted to give them some ideas on the different types of surfaces you can apply them to... that they go on so much more than just paper.

So what rub-ons to choose for such a class? It wasn't a very hard decision, I like that the Basic Grey Olio rub-on books come with such a large variety of coordinating images and greetings... perfect for making a bunch of cards. I went with the Porcelain book because I thought the butterflies, bees and birds worked well for a summertime class, and they are just pretty colors. ;)

Supply list:

cardstock: Bazzill

papers: My Mind's Eye (solid rose, pink and yellow) BoBunny (floral) October Afternoon (yellow pattern and text)

rub-ons: Basic Grey Porcelain

Fiskars border punches: Threading Water and Effervesence

misc: Heidi Swapp ghost butterflies, ribbon, bling, buttons
















1 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Wow.....wish I were there! Love the HS ghost butterflies...