Saturday, July 18, 2009

An altered Miss Anya

I haven't been keeping it a secret that I would love for Marie to make some Miss Anya fairies and mermaid stamps... I think I suggest it every VSN night at the Club Anya PCP page. Until that day comes though I will have to be content with altering my own.
This one is from the original Miss Anya set and she had some shopping bags in her hands. So what I do is:
  • 1. stamp the original image
  • 2. then place it on a light box and use a thin sheet of computer paper over it to trace the basic outline of her head and body
  • 3. next I take it off the light box and get down to drawing in the new clothes I want her to be wearing and adding the wings, all in pencil
  • 4. once I have her just the way I like, the new sketch goes on the light box and I place a sheet of Georgia Pacific cardstock over it and trace the design with Copic Multiliner black pens. Mostly using .03 and .01
  • 5. now a fairy is ready to color and cut out... not the quickest thing to do but I enjoy it

Supply list:

Bazzill cardstock

GP cardstock

KI Memories paper (stripe)

BoBunny paper (floral)

Daisy D's paper (pink)

The Greeting Farm Miss Anya and sentiment from the Never Ever set

Art Warehouse dotted journaling lines stamp

Prima Flowers

Kaiser Craft pearl

Ranger Stickles and Inksentials white pen

Autumn Leaves baby blue ink

Memento tuxedo black ink

Copic markers

yellow puff paint


3 comments:

Angie said...

OOOHHHH, so that's how you do it! Well, I'm not such a wonderful artist (that's why I chose to stamp, heehee) and I don't have a lightbox, but it's something I will be thinking about for the future, that's for sure! Thanks for the info!

Kim said...

WOW what fantastic work! I love all of your altered Anyas! I am a sucker for fairies!!! :) Stunning results!!!
Hugs~ Kim

donna mikasa said...

So this is how a fairy is born....