Saturday, July 25, 2009

Club Couture

No one would ever accuse me of being a fashionista, so when Jess issued a summer couture challenge over at Club Anya I had to hit google and do a little research on the 'hot trends' for the summer. I found just as much inspiration as I did outlandish looks... which makes me wonder, does anyone really wear some of those get-ups? I certainly don't see them around here but I'm livin' the life in small town USA. Not exactly a fashion mecca.
Anywho... for my little summer girl I went with the trends of: mini dress, big bold belts and bangles, as well as a sassy side ponytail. I used a combination of the Miss Anya with the flower basket (head) and Rain from the rain, snow, shine Miss Anya set (body and skirt), both heavily altered using my light box method to create this 'heart breaker'.
I also broke my summer rule of using only papers from my scrap bags on this card... I know, I know... BAD Amy! But seriously, how perfect is this new Making Memories Just Chillin' line for the challenge?! I couldn't resist. Plus it was only an 8x8 paper pad so that barely counts anyway... ;) Supply list:
cardstock: Georgia Pacific
paper: Making Memories (stripe, floral) My Mind's Eye (yellow card base)
stamps: The Greeting Farm (Miss Anya, Rain, Snow, Shine sets)
inks: Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox dark peony chalk ink
Making Memories heart breaker die cut
Ranger Stickles and white Inksentials pen
Fiskars Uppercrest border punch
misc: brads, acrylic heart
Copic markers:
skin: YR000, E11, E13, RV21, BG000 (eyeshadow)
hair: E02, E08, E09, E18
dress: V06, RV04, RV17, RV19
belt and bangles: Y13, Y35, BG13, BG09, YG00, YG03

2 comments:

Elena said...

Wow! I am not a Fashion Diva too, but this summer dress and accesories would be a real hit on a real runway! Amazing card, Amy!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

I've been looking for your blog ever since I saw your amazing cards in the GF gallery. I've been dying to know how you do your fabulous altered Anyas so thanks for the tips. I just have to try them out and maybe even get myself a light box at somepoint. Well plenty of time to practice since my pc broke down and I can't do any blogging or challenge partaking in the near future.