Friday, July 17, 2009

More Greeting Farm love

Here's a card I made for the Farm Fresh sketch challenge at the Greeting Farm. You could have knocked me over with a feather when it was actually chosen as that weeks winning entry!
I was so excited and honored to get that recognition... and the free stamp set I won sure wasn't bad either... ;)
I used a lot of different scrap paper, cut out with my Coluzzle (SO bummed to hear that Provo Craft isn't making these anymore, they were always my #1 recommendation when someone needed a small circle cutter.)to make the rainbow.
Using up scraps is actually one of the goals I have set for myself this summer. I want to try and make as many cards as I can using only paper from my scrap bags and using as many different stamps as I can too. I have way too many that haven't been inked yet and that just makes a stamp sad. Sad stamps you say? Yes, sad little neglected stamps... did you ever see the episode of Friends with Phoebe and the Christmas trees that weren't purchased from the lot Joey was working at and she was all concerned about them 'fulfilling their Christmas destiny'? I feel the same way about my stamps, they need to fulfill their inky destiny and shine on a card or two. :)
So far I'm not doing too bad with this goal, though I still have a long ways to go.
Supply list:
Bazzill kraft cardstock
GP cardstock
The Greeting Farm Fairy Chloe stamp
Kaiser Kraft paper-red
Adornit paper- orange
Marcella by K paper- yellow
Bella Blvd paper- green
basic Grey paper- blue
MOD paper- purple
Autumn Leaves flourish stamp and Cute World ink
Technique Tuesday AE limited edition stamp set (sentiment)
Memento tuxedo black ink
Copic markers
Ranger Stickles and Inksentials white pen
buttons and thread

3 comments:

Elena said...

That was a WOW card, when I first saw it! And I was very happy that you won a prize! Trully deserved!
The rainbow you created is stunning and it its perfect for this precious Fairy!

Angie said...

LOL! Yes, that was a wonderful Friends episode. I am a huge Friends fan. And this was the first card of yours that I ever saw and I've been loving your work ever since!

donna mikasa said...

You truly deserved the win and all the consecutive wins after that!