Friday, July 17, 2009

Farm Fresh Friday

Let's take a quick break from posting older cards to show one I just made today. It's the Farm Fresh Friday challenge once again over at The Greeting Farm and we had a new sketch to play with. Can I just say I love that my day off from work coincides with the new challenge days 'cause that way I can jump in and create right away... fun, fun, fun! :)
I had some scraps of the fishy Doodlebug papers still sitting on my desk from a previous project so my inspiration totally came from that. Especially once I realized how perfect a match in style the Greeting Farm stamps are to Doodlebug's designs, both are very playful and kinda cartoon-y looking.

I only did some slight altering to the mermaid stamp by swiping the ink off of her closed eyes before I stamped and then drawing in some open eyes for her to see all her little friends with.

Supply list:

DCWV cardstock

Bazzill cardstock

Doodlebug papers and ink

KI Memories paper (stripe)

The Greeting Farm Mermaid Anya stamp

Hero Arts sentiment stamp

Making Memories glitter brad

Liquid Pearls

Ranger Stickles

Memento tuxedo black ink

Copic markers-

hair: Y11,Y13,Y15,Y17

skin: E50,YR000,E51,R20,BG000 (for eyeshadow)

tail: R20,R22,R24

shells: R81,RV00,R00

5 comments:

Elena said...

I am so glad and very happy that you started your blog, Amy! I will be visisting you very often! You have so much inspiration and brilliant ideas!
Love how you changed Anya's face! Simply amazing!
Thank you so much for sharing your talent and playing with us this challenge!

Sandra MacLean said...

Hey! I'm so glad to see that you've started a blog! I really love seeing your cards in TGF gallery and it's nice to know I can find them all in one place now. :) Have a great weekend!

Angie said...

OH! I wondered what was different with her, then I realized you changed her eyes. Great idea! There are some Anya's that I love but I sometimes wish I could have their eyes open. Now I know how to do it! Thanks!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, I love her with open eyes!!

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG!!!! she is Adorable with her eyes open!!! Love the eyes you drew her! You just rock all around with your altering all these Anyas!!!!
hugs, Heidi