Friday, July 24, 2009

One down, one to go

Ok, so I got my card done for the FFF Fluttery Floral challenge... yeah! I used Wild Sprout Dahlia just slightly altered, I changed her mouth, got rid of the buttons on the front of her dress and swapped out the flowers she was holding behind her back for a paint brush.
For this kind of altering where I am just taking a few things away from an image, all I do is ink up the stamp and then with the corner of a slightly damp paper towel I carefully wipe the ink off of the parts of the image that I want to change. Then I stamp the image and draw in what I want to add with a Copic black multiliner pen... usually a 0.1
Now it looks like I just need to be patient while they add this challenge category to the galleria then I can get my entry in there... :)
Supply list:
cardstock: Bazzill, GP
paper: really old My Mind's Eye black polka dot
stamps: The Greeting Farm (Wild Sprouts Dahlia) Glitz (distressed dots border)
ink: Memento tuxedo black, Tim Holtz Distressed inks and Nick Bantock cerulean blue
flowers: Prima
gems: Doodlebug, Kaiser Craft, Making Memories, Chatterbox
Ranger Stickles and white Inksentials pen
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Doodlebug alpha rub ons
Copic markers:
skin: E50, YR000, E51, R20
hair: C3, C5, C7, C9, B18, B12 (I was experimenting and going for a comic book super hero blue/black look)
clothes: RV13, RV14, RV25, YG00, YG03, YG25, C3, C5, C7
flower: V01, V04, V15, Y000, Y02, Y08
paint brush: E47, E49, BG10, BG13
shadows: W5


Angie said...

OMGoodness, you have a blog! I will be stalking you daily, that's for sure. I love your projects. There is something about how you combine colors and the way you color... it makes me want to be you! lol!

Elena said...

Wow! Love the idea with a brush, so creative! I can tell for sure now that your blog and projects color my world! Thank you for sharing your talent, Amy!