Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Summer CHA starts today

As you could probably guess from my blog title, I tend to get pretty excited over things like pattern papers... though in truth I'm an equal opportunity adorer of most all things paper crafty. A thousand sheets of paper, stamps, rub-ons, stickers, etc. would just make for a ridiculously long blog title... ;)
This little obsession of mine makes this week especially exciting because right now at this very moment down in Orlando the Craft and Hobby Association (CHA) is holding their summer retailer show. All the new releases for the rest of the year are being debuted and you will especially find lots of holiday themed items. There have been plenty of sneak peeks already shown on various blogs and websites so I'm going to use the rest of this week to do my own little top three things I'm excited to see... in no particular order of course... :)
1. My Little Shoebox- This is a newer company and I love their bright colors and whimsical designs. I'm especially excited for their Little Ladies and In the Forest lines... super cute!
2. Pink Paislee- Now I'll admit, this company has never been on the top of my list before but I'm really impressed with what they have done for this release. My favorite is their Halloween line, Twilight. Though Mistletoe&Co is pretty cool too.
3. Shabby Green Door- Another new company though they are a division of Daisy Bucket... what caught my eye from them are the four spools of colored twine that go with their Farmer's Market collection. I'm all about adding twine to my cards these days so these will be a definite must have for me!
Now onto my card for the day. This is another altered fairy I did a week or so ago using another Miss Anya. I think this is one of my favorites so far, probably because of the color combo... I'm a sucker for anything with orange in it.
Supply list:
cardstock: DCWV and GP
paper: KI Memories (stripe) My Mind's Eye (floral) misc. old orange dot
stamps: The Greeting Farm (Rain, Snow, Shine set and Up and Away set for the sentiment)
rub ons: American Crafts
inks: Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox lime pastel chalk ink
KI Memories glitter brads and tab
Ranger Stickles
Copic Mulitliner black pens
Copic markers