Friday, June 11, 2010

Betty goes Burtonesque

Hidee ho neighbor-ee-nos!

Once again, all I can say is thank goodness for Fridays, LOL!
I don't have any big plans other than to just enjoy my time off and see where the day takes me. :)

So before I get into my card for the day, I've still got one unclaimed Sweet November candy that is looking for a good home... Kate... I need to hear from you by Sunday otherwise I'm going to draw a new name for the Treasure Tempestwind candy and announce on Monday!

Ok, ok moving on... so this week the Burtonesque challenge is being hosted by Simply Betty Stamps and the theme is inspired by Sweeney Todd, final cut and shave (create a card/project using decorative scissors or paper distressing tools). At first I thought about going dark with lots of red/black/white but when I saw pretty little London staring up at me I decided to go a different direction and took my inspiration from the Johanna character in the movie. This allowed me to create a very girly card with just a bit of an 'edge' to it. Get it? Edge? Sweeney Todd? Bwahahahaa sometimes I just crack myself up! ;)
I even blew the dust off of an old pair of pinking shear edge scissors and put them to work on the pink text paper along with some torn edges as well... what can I say, I'm a tearer. Or is that terror? Hard to tell some days... Bwhahahaaha man I am on a roll today! :)

Sigh, alrighty that's all I got... have a lovely weekend!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- My Mind's Eye (pink), unknown (stripe)
stamp- Simply Betty Stamps (London and her cat), October Afternoon (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox blackbird chalk ink
Kaiser Craft gems
Maya Road heart stick pin
ribbon
Tim Holtz distressed flower die
Deco edge scissors
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- Y000, Y00, Y11, Y13, Y19
eyes- B00, B01, B04, BG000
clothes/cat- RV00, RV02, RV21, RV32, RV23, C00, C0, C1, C3, C5, C7, C9, 0, YG23, YG25

19 comments:

Saskia said...

Lovely girly card!

Saskia :)

donna mikasa said...

Simply Betty stamps are one-of-a-kind awesome! I'm not familiar with Sweeney Todd--only saw the movie trailers--but I love the torn and cut edges and your awesome coloring as always! Have a great weekend!

Alice said...

all so sweet! i am liking those stamps more and more!! they are on the top of my list now!! love all your pretty cards!!

Juls said...

fabulous and stylish card!! Love it!! Love the colour combo, and the fabby toen edges! Hugs Juls

Unknown said...

So cool card! TFS Have a great weekend :) Big hugs!

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is just too darn cute. I love these stamps, they have such spice to them. Have a fun day off. Hugs, Lisa

Shaela said...

LOVE this card - the pink and black paired together make the perfect "naughty but nice" backdrop for this image :)

~* steph :) *~ said...

oo, i love your card, amy! i love the pink and the black combo. one of my fav pinks too! love the ba-ling...and the pin. thanks for sharing :)! have a wonderful day! *hugs* steph :)

Maria Therese said...

Your card is so sweet Amy! love the cute pink colors and the pin!

RiNNE said...

this card is soo much fun! and you are too funny!!!! love the pink/black/tearing combo!! And the bling of course....it goes so well with that pin!

Leanne said...

Pretty fantastic card and love the humor for Friday.. Have a great weekend!!

Claireabelle said...

Just fabulous!!! I have her winging her way to me as we speak! xx

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh I really adore this, Amy!! What a sassy card, WOW!!

1LuvnMama said...

Bwhahahaaha, you crack me up Amy! You are too hilarious with a creative twist! I you had to dust your decorative scissors off, then I better shoot mine down with the power washer! :)

Luv this nasty girl in pink! Great choice!

Shirley N said...

I'm glad you decided on these colors--LOVE IT! Sugar and spice and EVERYTHING NICE!!! Have a great weekend Amy!

Unknown said...

Awesome card! These colors are great!

fairie said...

Oh my Amy, you've done it again. Gorgeous card. Love her and her kitty.

Debbie Pamment said...

Amy - this is gorgeous girl - love all the bling!
xXx

WickedPixie said...

Love, love, love this card! And the whole Sweeney Todd theme! You did a really cool take on it with the sweetness and pink! :-)Traci