Monday, June 21, 2010

An Oliver kind of Monday

Ahhhh Monday...
I bet you can hear my sigh of relief at having a day off after the weekend I had. Luckily I made it through and here I am ready to enjoy some time to myself. ;)

My card today is for Margie's Monday Mania recipe challenge over at CA&Friends and it is to use: kraft cardstock, the color green, 1 piece of pattern paper and 1 type of embellishment. Little Oliver felt that it was high time he got a chance to play on a card and I was all for it. Then I dug through my bag of green paper scraps and was thrilled when I came across this gem of a text pattern... it was perfect for the boy card I wanted to create! Then all I had to do was finish the whole thing off with my brad like embellishment and the perfect sentiment. Done!
Gotta love the quick and easy ones! ;)

Ok, time for me to make like a banana and split! Hugs!

Supply list:
cardstock- Jillibean Soup Kraft, PTI
paper- Scenic Route
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Favorite Things Oliver and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
American Crafts alpha rub-ons
Pebbles Inc- eye candy dot
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- E50, E51, YR31, E31, 0
clothes- BG72, BG75, BG78, YG21, YG23, YG25, 0, B32, B21, B91, B93, YG95, YG97, YG99, E31, E34, E35, E40, E41
fishbowl- Y35, Y38, YR16, B0000, B000, B00, 0

27 comments:

Angela said...

Oh Oliver is so adorable!! And of course green is my favorite color!!Hope you have a wondeful day off!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Lorraine said...

this is such a cutie love this one xx

♥Rach♥ said...

I LOVE this Amy! The paper is great, what an simple but fantastic layout and I love the sentiments, very, very cute :0)

Maria Therese said...

Super sweet card!! And the texture on the hair.. wow!!!

Shaela said...

adorable! I think my favorite thing to look at on your cards is how you color hair. I definitely need to try out some of these copic combos!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Awww, sweet Oliver and his lil fishy friend is so cute! I love the paper you used and your layout! Perfect! Thanks so much for inviting me and for playing along :)
hugs, margie

Barbara Sproatmeyer said...

Lovely sample today! I'm curious, what Copic markers do you use for the hair? I can't seem to get this fine of a stroke with the Sketch markers so I assume you're using a different style tip. Also, can I ask what you used for the distressing? I've always loved this technique on your cards.

Unknown said...

This is such a cute card, Amy!

~* steph :) *~ said...

an awesomely CUTE card, amy! wow, i LOVE how you colored the image...how you colored the little one's clothes through the fish bowl. wowee! cute DP...love it with the kraft. thanks for sharing :)! have a wonderful day! *hugs* steph :)

Unknown said...

So adorable! TFS Enjoy your day off my friend. Big hugs :)

kris said...

Love the cutesy card!!! Oliver is really shinning on this one with his friend!!! Cuteness!!

Juls said...

too too cute!! Just Love it! Hugs Juls

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oliver is just the cutest! I love the way you colored him! And, you're right... that dp is perfect!

Happy Monday!

Claireabelle said...

Brilliant!
x

Tonje said...

This is sooo cute! And the DP is perfect! Love your colouring!
Your cardshop looks great. Good luck on the sale.

Alice said...

too cute, too cute!! love Oliver!! fabulous card!

Joy said...

too cute! love that Oliver and this simple yet cool card is perfect for a boy. love your DP and your coloring. hope you enjoyed your banana split! happy Monday!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is just so darn cute. I just love how you colored his little fish bowl. It looks so real I almost get worried about him slaushing the water out. heehee. So adorable. I need to get me some of the stamps. Hugs, Lisa

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! I always struggle to embellish boy cards and this is a perfect example that they don't always need embellishments. I love how you've inked the edges of the dp and kraft. Beautifully coloured image too.

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a sweet and darling card!

Kylie said...

Too cute!! Love the colours and perfect little boys card.

Kylie ox

Jessica Diedrich said...

Adorable card, Amy! Oliver is adorable!

Leanne said...

i love it! great card!

donna mikasa said...

THIS Oliver is my fave--so far. I think it's the fish that won me over! Love the perfect BG paper!

Loz said...

he is just the sweetest and reminds me so much of my twin boys! Super cute card Amy.. love the kraft and DP! x

Pam Varnell said...

Love this Amy. His blond hair is adorable and that is some awesome DP.

WickedPixie said...

Amy, this is perfectly adorable! I picture your house with more DP than the best Scrapbook store (although how you remember what you have is beyond me!) :-)Traci