Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sweet November spotlight on Jenn

Hello again! And welcome back to our second Sweet November Spotlight of the day!

Right now I'd like to take a moment and introduce you to our other fabulous June guest gal, Jenn Royal!
Jenn's beautiful work caught my eye some time ago and though she has only recently jumped into the wonderful world of Copic markers, I have watched her take to them like a fish to water (or better yet, a mermaid to water LOL)! She does a beautiful job at bringing her stamped images to life and I really love the playful personality that comes across in everything she creates. :)

Now it's on to the ever popular Sweet November questionnaire... let's see what Jenn had to say...

1) What color do feel represents your personality and why?
GREEN! Growing up in the great Pacific Northwest, you can never get enough of all the beautiful green vegetation everywhere you look. I guess that's why it reflects into my personality and a lot into my wardrobe too! Lol! Green just makes me really happy and makes me think of prosperity and new beginnings.

2) Is your style of dress/ home decor similar to your style of card making?
I never really thought about it, but yeah. I have a lot of good basics in my wardrobe, but I add some flair with "embellishments" like funky jewelry and shoes. My modern, clean-line decor style shows a little bit in my cards since I like to keep my layouts fairly simple to let the focal image shine.

3) What one thing always puts you in a good mood?
Music. My iPod and I are BFFs! I love to rock out to my favorite music while I craft too, so it's like double-happiness. My music library is pretty eclectic too. A little it of everything, but heavy on the alt-rock. That genre is what I loved in high school....might have to do with the whole Seattle-grunge rock thing. ;)

4) If you could visit any time in history when would it be?
I like to keep it simple yet fun, so I have a tendency to love anything related to the 1920's era. I totally LOVE the fashion from then. Also, things seemed so simplistic and carefree yet very aware of the world at large.

5) If you were a mythical creature ie. fairy, elf, mermaid, troll etc., what kind would you be and why?
I've always been a huge fan of fairies. There's something about the mysticism and magic surrounding all the stories and tales. Plus, they're always cute and loved by everyone!

Bonus question

6) If you are a fellow Gleek, which character from McKinley High do you most identify with?
Oh, you KNOW I'm a Gleek!! I think I most identify with Mr. Shue (so handsome!). He's very caring and encouraging to others, and he has some terrific talent. I like to think that I have some talent too! Lol! Not only in my crafts, but I also played the flute and sax, and I can actually sing and dance fairly well too. With all of my volunteer work and always willing to help family and friends, I hope I'm the caring and well-rounded person my parents raised me to be!


I'm thinking after last night's episode that Jenn and all the other Shue fans will be positively swooning, LOL!
Love your answers Jenn! :)

So of course I just had to make a card inspired by this beauty of Jenn's featuring Chanter Heartsong. The horizontal layout and all of the horizontal lines in that fab BG paper she used against the kraft background really got my wheels turning, as did the look of the image 'popping' out of the white circle. So I grabbed Darby and Chenille and actually cut Darby down a bit so that she could peek through the window I created.
I also used the yellow, blue and orange color scheme that is this week's ATS challenge, so you'll want to check that out and play along for the prize this week too!

Thanks SO much for stopping by and be sure to come back tomorrow for the start of candies and sneak peeks!
And you won't want to miss the fabulous cards from all the Sweet November gals, Traci, Elaine and Jenn who will be playing along as well! :)

Supply list:
cardstock- Jillybean Soup kraft, Bazzill and PTI
paper- Doodlebug (yellow), Marcella by K ( blue), unknown (orange)
stamps- Sweet November (Darby and Chenille), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Martha Stewart butterfly border punch
Fiskars scallop border punch
Prima flowers
button
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- E55, E57, E59
eyes- B12, B16, B18
clothes- Y00, Y11, Y13, YR12, YR04, YR14, B00, B0
caterpillar- Y13, Y35, Y38






16 comments:

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a fun feature! Nice to meet you, Jenn :)

Such pretty cards! Love the colors! and the butterfly border punch is beautiful!

Happy Hump Day!
hugs, margie

Shaela said...

super fabulous cards - you are both so talented!

fairie said...

Beautiful cards!

~* steph :) *~ said...

love jenn's card~pretty colors. love your cutie pettutie card, amy! love the butterfly border on the top and how the little girl comes out of the circle. so cute! love the sentiment, the worm, and the colors! thanks for sharing :)! have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

Unknown said...

Super sweet cards! TFS :)

donna mikasa said...

Two gorgeous cards! I love Jenn's distressing and that yummy Kioshi paper! And I love how Darby is peeking out--such a clever idea! Off to check out ATS! Have a great day, Amy!

Crafty Jenn said...

Such a cool take on my layout Amy! Darby and Chenille look right at home.

Thanks again for picking me to be a Sweet November Gal!

<3 Jenn

WickedPixie said...

Welcome, Jenn! I love how you let the paper and the image shine in your card! Amy, your "inspired by" card is fabulous, too! :-)Traci

Allison said...

Yay, Im happy to see your fairys back in the last two postings! Thay always make me smile, Cant wait to see what elese is comming!

Jodi said...

These are both such pretty cards! Love the pastels on Jenn's card and I love the bright and happy colors on your card! Love your line of stamps!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Anonymous said...

Amy, your Darby is fabulous! LOVE what you did to her hair! and how you have her "out of the circle". Her hair looks curly! what an awesome color job! lol I love these colors when you do them...it was definitely a challenge for me. Inspired to use this butterfly punch now too! Very sweet card!
Pam Going Postal

Claireabelle said...

Gorgeous card Amy, brilliant
x

RiNNE said...

I just loved Jenn's answers, esp the last one! Too bad I missed last night episodes (boohoo). Am hoping to find it on the internet.

Great sketches on both cards! Love the punched border and Darby's hair is stellar!!

Stamping Cafe said...

Both cards are amazing, Amy!! Going to watch last night's episode tonight... good thing for Tivo!! :)

gobeagirl said...

Wow, Amy. These are adorable. I love meeting new crafters and Jen is indeed very talented. Thanks for sharing her with us. Have a great night. Hugs, lisa

Alice said...

both cards are so cute! love the warm colors you used on your card!!