Friday, June 18, 2010

Cat scratch fever

LOL!
Perhaps that title is a bit too dramatic for sweet lil Evie but I just had to do it. ;)

So I've got one more Lil Lolita to share with you this week and as I mentioned above, her name is Evie. Not being a huge cat person, at first I was a bit iffy on how I would use her on my cards. But when Kellie challenged the Pink Ladies to create a card where everything except the image was in color that really got my wheels turning. True, I may be jumping the gun a bit on making a Halloween card this early in the year but I thought Evie lent herself purrrrrfectly to the theme... especially by coloring her in the monochromatic grey tones. This was something that I haven't done before and I gotta say it was pretty darn cool! I love how Evie looks like she's from some old black and white cartoon this way and I can totally see myself revisiting this coloring technique in the future. :)

Well, I'm ready to go enjoy my day off! Rain or shine I've got a lot that I want to get done... so wish me luck and I'll see ya tomorrow! :) Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Scrapworks
stamps- Tickled Pink (Lil Lolita Evie), Studio G (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox blackbird chalk ink
Prima flowers and swirls
brads
Copic markers:
evie- T0, T1, T3, T5, T7, T9, 0
sentiment- YG95, YG97, Y38, YR24, R29, E09, G12, G21, R12, R32
shadow- C1

20 comments:

Shaela said...

very clever! I'm always intimidated when I have to color an image in black-and-white, but I usually like how it turns out and you did a fabulous job here :) enjoy your day!

Claireabelle said...

Fabulous idea for a card! She's just purrrrrfect (geddit! lol) in monochrome Amy x

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! Your colouring is amazing.

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Wow! This looks amazing! Lil Evie really pops! Perfect coloring, Amy :)
TGIF! hugs, margie

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous is your card! i can't stop staring at your coloring wow magnificent !!
HuGs
xx

♥Rach♥ said...

How cool! Love the bright colors, the pretty flowers and the awesome bling swirls :0)

~* steph :) *~ said...

love it, amy! that's so cool how you colored the image in shades of gray. that's awesome. she fits perfectly with the colors and DPs and embellies! thanks for sharing and have a great friday! *hugs* steph :)

Unknown said...

Awesome card! TFS :)

donna mikasa said...

Love how you colored Evie--genius idea! Great contrast to the fab Halloween colors....just purrrrrfect!

Kimberly S said...

Oooo....that looks great in the gray tones! The colors really show it off as well. :)

1LuvnMama said...

That's amazing! Luv how you made Evie in gray's to constrast the bright, cheery background. She stands out and is the focus of this card. Great! :)

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

WOW another gorgeous Lolita card, I love how you coloured Evie, looks amazing!
Kristy xx

Alice said...

love the B&W look of Evie!! fabulous card as always, Amy!!

WickedPixie said...

Amy, this is So cute and pretty! I love the image in black and white! It is so cool how she looks like she is running off of the circle! :-)Traci

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW Amy - purrrrrfect doesn't cover how fabulous this is - AWESOME job!
xXx

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card!

RiNNE said...

beautiful colors. love the swirls! have a great weekend!

gobeagirl said...

This is adorable. I haven't done much black and white with color. Mostly in scrapbooking and still I am on the fence there. lol...However, you really nailed it here. The colors and the way you have colored her so work. Hugs, Lisa

Kellie said...

Oh she just pops out with those gorgeous papers and your amazing black and white colouring, LOVE it!
Hugs Kel x

Leanne said...

Great card! It's like those technicolor old movies that get revamped with color around them. Love it!