Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Getting sketchy

Hello dahlings...

First let us take a moment and reflect on the wonder and glory that has been this past season of Glee. Though I am looking forward to tonight's show it is bittersweet knowing that I will have to wait months before the kids of New Directions will be singing their little hearts out every Tuesday night again. Sigh... what can ya do besides listen to the soundtracks incessantly all summer long? LOL ;)

Ok, enough of me Gleeking out. I do actually have a card to share today too. :)
The new monthly sketch challenge is now up over at the Tickled Pink challenge blog and there is a twist with this one... you also have to create a matching bookmark to go along with your card. Now unlike the Lil Lolita Boutique challenges even if you don't have any Lil Lolitas yet you can still play along in the monthly sketch just so long as you use a stamp that is sold in the Tickled Pink store. Kellie carries a great variety which include Magnolias, CC Designs, Sweet November, Kraftin' Kimmies and more! So take your pick and try your hand at Kellie's fab sketch, there is always a great prize for the lucky winner at the end of the month! :)

For my card I used Lil Lolita Lylah because not only is she super cute but I also loved that she was holding a present. Since I was also making a bookmark I thought it would be fun to have both of them work together to go with an actual book that can be given as a gift to a special friend. :)
And I'm happy to report that all of the papers I used on this card came from my scrap bags, which is always a good feeling! LOL

Alrighty, I'll chat at ya again tomorrow. :)


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill, PTI and Neenah Ivory
papers- Basic Grey (blue floral), Pebbles (brown), Making Memories (polka dot), Rusty Pickle (book page)
stamps- Tickled Pink (Lil Lolita Lylah), Hero Arts (sentiments)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
ribbon
Jenni Bowlin stick pin
Fiskars scallop border punch
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20, R22
hair- E55, E57, E59, E49
eyes- BG02, BG05, BG09, BG78
clothes/present- BG10, BG11, BG13, 0, E40, E41, E44, E47, E49, E30, E21, BV0000, BV000, BV01, BG0000, W1

26 comments:

kris said...

Awesome!!! and i love the soft earthy/classic colors... image is supah sweet!! =D

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! Stunning colours and what a fab bookmark. I just have to make one for myself.

Tasha said...

Wow what a gorgeous card! Love the image you have used and the colour combo. Awesome design
love tasha xx

Rosa Forino said...

che bella idea... meravigliosa

Angela said...

Amy, I just love that bookmark!! I have never made one like this!!! ANd your card is beautiful!! Love the colors you chose!! So glad to have you on our Team!! Pink Lady!!
Hugs:)
Angela

♥Rach♥ said...

How cool, what a wonderful idea!! AND my son might not pull that one out ;0) Really, really cute project :0)

Unknown said...

Super cool card, Amy! Love the matching bookmark!

Tonje said...

Very nice! Love them both!

Juls said...

gorgeous!! love the fab colour combo!!! and I love the corner page bookmark! what a fab idea! Hugs Juls

RiNNE said...

So cool! The tallness of the card is already refreshing but I like how you surprised us with that bookmark! Great challenge! Love these stamps!!

Unknown said...

Stunning card & bookmark. They look super cute. TFS :)

Kimberly S said...

Beautiful work Amy! Love the colors, that tall narrow layout of the card, the adorable image, and the fabulous bookmark! Yep, love it all. lol What a fun set! :)

~* steph :) *~ said...

love your card and bookmark, amy! some of my fav colors :)! thanks for sharing :)! have a wonderful day! *hugs* steph :)

Mimi said...

Great card Amy! Love the earthy, muted colors, and that bookmark is FAB!! Never seen one like this. Love it! ;)

Melissa S said...

Fabulous card! I'm going to have to take a closer look at those images she is too cute!

Maria Therese said...

Just so sweet!! Love your card and bookmark!!

Joy said...

LOVE IT! this is such a sweet card...love that you could use all your scraps. wish I could =) love that bookmark too. what a fabulous idea. hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!

Stamping Cafe said...

LOL... it's always a good feeling to used up scraps!! Beautiful card and the bookmark is way too cool, Amy! Love your colors and coloring as always, and I got to make the bookmark for my girls!! :)

Shaela said...

this is adorable!! love the set - thanks for the great gift idea! ;)

Leanne said...

This is a cool set. I love your idea for the book marker!

1LuvnMama said...

Awww, I'm gonna miss Glee too! :( I'm already looking forward to the next season.

Luv this Amy and the bookmark is way cute! Your card is amazing as always.

Crafty Jenn said...

:( Super sadness after tonight. September is going to be a long way away (if they start up again with all the others)

I totally LOVE this card! And your bookmark is stinkin cute! I like how you used all brown inks and didn't color the image. Very vintage.

<3 Jenn

Alice said...

gorgeous tall card and love da bookmark!! super idea!! love this!!

mst822 said...

Super cute card! Luv the color combo! The bookmark is a great idea! So darn cute!
Tammy

donna mikasa said...

Love those Tickled Pink designs! Your color combo is one of my faves (anything with brown!) and I love your clever corner bookmark!

Kellie said...

WOW Amy this is amazing and your colouring is fabulous! The book mark is FABULOUS never seen anything like it and LOVE it! A gorgeous inspirations!
Hugs Kel x