Sunday, December 19, 2010

Believe in what your heart is saying...

hear the melody that's playing
there's no time to waste
there's so much to celebrate...

Ahhh Sunday, how I love thee. And it looks like I'll be baking the day away with my mom and sis so this will be loads of fun. I've got the music cued and ready to go with the Glee Christmas CD up first and then the Lynn Anderson Christmas album after that. In our family Christmas just isn't Christmas until you've listened to "Ding-A-Ling the Christmas Bell" at least a couple dozen times. It's tradition, LOL! :)

Ok,ok time to get to my card... yesterday it was all about the Pure Innocence little boy and today the little girl is back on the scene looking just as cute as she ever does. I also broke out some cool Hero Arts Christmas tree stamps to complete the scene which kind of reminds me of the Peanuts Christmas when they are at the tree lot with all the big fancy trees and it is the humble, little tree that is chosen. Hmmmm... we may need to watch that cartoon today too now that I think about it. ;)

I hope your day is as sweet as can be, later gators!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (Lush)
stamps- My Favorite Things (Pure Innocence, Sending you a little Christmas), Hero Arts (trees and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Kaiser Craft gems
ribbon
Shabby Green Door twine
EK Success gold and silver pens
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E47, E49
clothes- R27, R29, E19, E18, W5, W7, W9, YG03, YG95, YG97, E50, E30, 0, E74, E77, E79
sled and tree- E55, E57, E59, YG95, YG97, YG99

16 comments:

Maria Therese said...

sweet sweet christmas card. Looooooove the threes!

Shaela said...

this is beautiful!! love that Lush paper and those tree stamps... I might have to hunt those up :)

Dina said...

very pretty card! Dina

Rhonda Miller said...

I love this card. TFS.

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the use of the non-themed paper - very bright and just perfect for the holiday. I hope you enjoy your day with your family.

~* steph :) *~ said...

so cute, amy! that red damask paper is gorgeous! the little girl is adorable. love the little trees :). thanks for sharing and hope you have a great day with your mom and sis baking! i need to get some wrapping done. *hugs* steph :)

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is so sweet. I love the tree she picked out. We put up the tree after I got home from work yesterday.(Mitchell did NOT! want to put it up without me there. He is my sweetheart and very loving kiddo.) Anyway, we listened to Glee and put up all the decorations. I am super glad my boy wasn't having it without me. :O) Have fun with your family. Hugs, Lisa

Mimi said...

Beautiful card Amy! Love the scene you created and the papers are fabulous! Have to say thank you for sharing all your creative ideas with stamps and layouts. Whenever I'm stumped, I pop over to your blog and say "Let's see what Amy has done." Have a great day baking! ;)

Loz said...

aaww, Amy I just love your work! This is just adorable, I love the damarsk DP... gorgeous! ♥

Juls said...

WOWZER!!!!!! such a fabulous of DP's!!!! so striking! such a stunning card! Hugs Juls

Stamping Cafe said...

Totally amazing card, Amy! Love everything about it!!

Jessica said...

Absolutely adorable card! TFS

RiNNE said...

That damask paper is so vivid and rich-- love how the polka dotted paper complements it! The trees are beautiful! Hope you had a great Sunday!

WickedPixie said...

*sigh*...this is so perfectly wonderful! :-)Traci

Alice said...

beautiful! love the damask background. super card!

Tasha said...

TOO CUTE! I LOVE the trees they look so awesome and the red Damask print looks beautiful
love tasha xx