Thursday, December 16, 2010

Star bright...

first star they saw that night
I am aware that this love is for me
and the greatest of gifts is free...

Good morning friends... only nine more days until Christmas, are you ready for it?
Christmas prep is moving right along in the ol' casa de Amy and I'm hoping to have a baking day this weekend 'cause I've got lots of goodies to make like chocolate malt cookies, cut out cookies jello popcorn balls... all for gift trays of course (though I might sneak one or two for myself, yum yum!) ;)

So I was able to use another Gorjuss Girl on my card today (man I wish Sugar Nellie would add some new ones to the line, they are so cute) as well as this cool sentiment stamp that is practically a focal point all on its own. And I was so proud of myself for pulling out the ol' Slice machine and putting it to use to make some die-cut flourishes... I really need to make the time to use that thing more, LOL!

Well I should go get ready for the day, smooches! :)
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Pink Paislee (Mistletoe)
stamps- Sugar Nellie (Little Star Gorguss Girl), Teresa Collins (circle sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Kaiser Craft pearls
Slice flourish die-cuts
EK Success gold pen
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E44, E47, E49
clothes- R05, R08, E19, E18, E30, E31, 0, B00, B02, B32

16 comments:

~* steph :) *~ said...

gorgeous is right! love your card, love the warm colors, the pretty papers, and that gorgeously colored image! thanks for sharing!
i'm not doing too well with my holiday things...i'm behind...hope to catch up this weekend, hehe. have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

martina's kaartjes said...

oh my !!! this is really pretty ! love it very much ! great colors and love your stamps ! greetings, martina
x

donna mikasa said...

Gorjuss as always! Looove that flourish--it's the perfect touch for a Gorjuss card! Lovely colors, too!

Jacilynn said...

adorable image. love this card. perfect ;)

Mimi said...

She's a real sweetie! and that sentiment is so perfect! The layout and colors are so pretty! ;)

Robin said...

They are really cute stamps... esp when you colour them!! Sweet card! Robin

Maria Therese said...

Simply gorgeous!!! So love the colors on the image and card!!

angelique (anlou) said...

this is such a cute image
i only have one gorjuss stamp, but i glad i own her
your card is as alway gorgeous sweetie
hugs angelique

WickedPixie said...

Beautiful card, Amy! Maybe you and I should start a electronic die cutting machine support group (for people who have them and need to get more use out of them!) I am getting several Cricut cartridges for Christmas (picked out myself at Joann's big Black Friday sale and then wrapped by my DH!) so I really need to make use of them! :-)Traci

Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs said...

This is absolutely fabulous! I love the girl and all her detail but I also like the little button with info...sweet. Thanks for sharing.

Debbie Pamment said...

Like all of your cards this is totally sweet - love it!
xXx

Juls said...

this is just utterly gorgeous!!!! Love this GG....she looks stunning in red!!! Love the polka dots and the blue swirls...stunning card! Hugs Juls

Aud said...

Such a beautiful and gorjuss card!
I agree, we need more Gorjuss Girls! I love to use them, and actually - I just made two cards with them, one with the same image as you did here... ;o)

Have a lovely weekend, hope you get to bake lots of good stuff!

Big hugs,
Aud

RiNNE said...

Just beautiful!! There is something about a Gorjuss stamp that is perfect for the holidays! Have a great time baking!

Alice said...

wow! amazing coloring on the Gorjuss girl! love the pretty rich colors! gorgeous card, Amy!

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh my... this is gorguss, Amy!! Superb coloring and beautiful colors, LOVE it!!