Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sweet November spotlight on Nancy!

Good morning!

I hope that everyone had a truly wonderful Christmas! Mine was perfect and one of the best things of all... my internet is working once again. Yeah! It's the little things isn't it? LOL ;)

I'm so glad that you are taking time out of this busy holiday season to stop by for a new Sweet November Spotlight as we kick off a week of sneak peeks and blog candies for the upcoming January release!
Today I want to shine the spotlight on an amazing paper crafter and stamper, Nancy Thomas! I was first introduced to her gorgeous work back in my scrapbooking days at the Lifetime Moments message board, where she was on their design team and created beautiful pages that were clean lined in design with whimsical touches thrown in. Sadly, the LM store shut down but after awhile I found Nancy again through blogging and, like myself, she was stamping and card making too. Nancy's signature style had transitioned into a new medium and is as delightful as ever... luckily for me she is a big fan of Sweet November and I love seeing how she brings the SN characters to life on her cards . :)

Alrighty, time to share how Nancy answered the SN questionnaire...

1) What color do you feel represents your personality and why?
Pink definitely. I've always been a girly girl.

2) Is your style of dress/ home decor similar to your style of card making?
I think both my style in fashion and home decor are somewhat similar to my card making style - classic with a twist, nice clean lines.

3) What one thing always puts you in a good mood?
Playing with my granddaughter.

4) If you could visit any time in history when would it be?
I think the 60's. It was a revolutionary and liberating era for women. And the fashion was radical.

5) If you were a mythical creature ie. fairy, elf, mermaid, troll, wizard, witch etc., what kind would you be and why?
I think I would probably be a fairy. You know, cute, sweet and thin! Plus it would be fun to flit here and there easily.

Bonus question
6) If you are a fellow Gleek, which character from McKinley High do you most identify with?
Sorry, not a gleek at all. I think I've only watched one show actually. My television watching tends toward the darker side like Fringe.


Hey, nothing wrong with that, Fringe is pretty awesome too! :)

Check out this fab card featuring Winter Penelope and Juniper that Nancy created. It was an easy one to be inspired by as the soft pastel color palette and touch of sparkle really caught my eye. I also followed her same basic layout design, just flipping it a bit to better suit Winter Darby. All in all this came together so quickly and I don't think I've ever had Darby looking as soft and delicate as she does here and I've got Nancy's pastel color inspiration to thank for that. :)

Nancy will be joining Traci, Rachel and myself in the January Sweet November sneak peeks starting tomorrow! This new release celebrates that wish all little girls entertain at one time or another... the wish to be a princess, so be sure to come back and take a peek! ;)Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- KI Memories (winter)
stamps- Sweet November (Winter Darby), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox charcoal
Martha Stewart snowflake punches
buttons
Ranger Stickles
Kaiser Craft pearls
Fiskars border punch
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- N5, N7, N9
eyes- BG01, BG02, BG05
clothes- V0000, V000, V01, T1, T3, T5, B000, B00, B01, RV000, RV00, RV02, E40, E41, 0

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards! :)

Beth aka BR-T said...

These are both amazing... Nice to meet you Nancy!

Nancy Thomas said...

Love Darby and she looks so pretty in sweet frosty colors. Thanks again for asking me to guest design for you. I can't wait to see yours and the design teams version.

Larisa said...

Very nice cards!!! Love them both a lot) The stamps are great!!! Love them! )))

~* steph :) *~ said...

wonderful cards. your card is so super sweet with those colors. love it! thanks for sharing and i'm happy your internet is working :). have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

gobeagirl said...

Good afternoon. These are both so cute. Thanks for introducing Nancy. I have spent the last 30 minutes checking out all of her creative wonderfulness. I know I am going to enjoy getting to know her. Hugs, Lisa

Amanda said...

Just popped over to Nancy's blog, you are right a very talented person.
I love her cards they are just beautiful. Looking forward to your new release.

Amanda

WickedPixie said...

Oh, my, these are two STUNNING cards you have here today - both Nancy's and your card inspired by hers just knocks my socks off! WoW! :-)Traci

Kellie said...

Oh Amy I can see why you popped your spotlight on Nancy, absolutely stunning work!

Hugs xx

Alice said...

congrats to Nancy! both cards are super cute!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards Nancy, so pretty and adorable. love the colours xxx