Saturday, December 18, 2010

You know Dasher and Dancer...

and Prancer and Vixen
you know Comet and Cupid
and Donder and Blitzen
but do you recall the most famous reindeer of all...?

Well, it's official... Christmas is only a week away! Hope you're ready for it! :)
And as much as I would like to sit and chat about it all, I've got work to get ready for so I'll be keeping this one short and sweet.
Remember how I was trying to make a simple card yesterday and it didn't quite happen? Well, my card today certainly succeeded in being quick and easy! I started with a pre-made kraft card base and the rest pretty much came together from me cleaning off my desk, LOL! Not only did I put the Cuttlebug to use but I also finally remembered/unearthed this great reindeer border punch that my mom got me for my b-day. ;)
Once I got the card all together it was looking very boy-ish so I had to find a stamp that would fit that vibe. When I came across this little Pure Innocence guy and his pup he let me know straight away that he would be perfect for this one and I believed him. Man do I love it when cute and quick go hand in hand! LOL

Take care my friends and I'll see ya back here in 24. :)


Supply list:
cardstock- Jillybean Soup Kraft, Bazzill and PTI
paper- Making Memories
stamps- My Favorite Things (Boy and Dog Snow Adorable), Technique Tuesday (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Kaiser Craft pearl
EK Success border punch
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
clothes- YG95, YG97, YG99, E55, E57, E59, BG75, BG78, G29, R46, R59, E18, E40, E41, 0
dog- E30, E31, E34, 100

22 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

I love the jewel tone colors on the P.I's clothing combined with the neutral background.

Rosa Forino said...

che bella.... tanti auguri di buone feste felice e magiche ciao rosa.kreattiva

Sally said...

Great quick and easy card. Although it doesn't look quick and easy to me. Looks like you spent hours. Colors are fabulous.

Melissa S said...

I love love love the reindeer border!! Fabulous card Amy!!

Heidi Brawley said...

omg what a cute border punch!!! I have not seen it avail. anywhere.
your card is a real cutie. I love the little doggie on it.
TFS!!!
Hugs, Heidi Brawley

Robin said...

Really nice! Love that border punch and how you gave Rudolf the red nose!! Robin

Pattie said...

Adorable! I just love how you colored him and cut him out!

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, this card is fabulous. TFS.

Danni said...

That border is just too fun!! Cute card!!

Shaela said...

oh my, this is darling!! that stamp is just TOO cute!

Mimi said...

Adorable card Amy! That reindeer punch is so cute! I didn't know there was a PI guy image...he's just so adorable!! Have a great weekend! ;)

Maria Therese said...

So cute ♥ Gorgeous coloring! And swet sweet sentiment ♥
Wishing you a wonderful christmas!!!

~* steph :) *~ said...

sooo sweet!! i love your card! love that reindeer border and the little boy and pup are too adorable. loooove how you've colored them up! thanks for sharing and have a great weekend, amy! *hugs* steph :)

donna mikasa said...

Sweet and simple, and I love the perfect colors on the PI boy! Those reindeer are pretty cool, too....Love this!!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I love this card. So cute! I really love the snow effect behind the craft deers..Too cute! I hope you are having a wonderful day. I went out to start the car and it wasn't frosted over so I was happy. Finished up my hair and went back out to a blizzard. It was awesome! lol...It has stopped for now, but we are suppose to have more later. Have a great rest of your weekend. Hugs, Lisa g

gobeagirl said...

Ok, me again. I just saw the red nose....Too fab! Love, love it... :O) hugs,

Sharon said...

Cute card. I love the punch.

Juls said...

gorgeous!!!! Loving the polka dots and the rounded edges! Hugs Juls

Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs said...

Totally loving it...it is adorable...

Debbie Pamment said...

I'm ALMOST ready - especially now my home has some wonderful cards on display from some wonderful friends! This is another gorgeous card - but I know how much more beautiful your work is IRL!
xXx

Alice said...

too cute! love the clean design!

Stamping Cafe said...

This is super duper adorable, Amy! Love the reindeer, and the coloring is fabulous as always!!