Thursday, December 9, 2010

We need a little Christmas...

right this very minute
it hasn't snowed a single flurry
but Santa, dear, we're in a hurry...

Hello there!
So I know I'm a day late in getting to it but did my fellow Gleeks enjoy the Glee Christmas episode Tuesday night? I thought it was such a fun mix of touching moments and humour with the whole play off the Grinch story and Becky dressed up like Max... too cute. I also really enjoyed the Brittany storyline, she always has great, off-the-wall, one liners and this episode was no exception. In fact, I got such a chuckle from one that I had to use it on my card for today! ;)
When she was discussing letters to Santa with Artie and tells him to remember that "even the smallest envelope is heavy for an elf" something about that seemed perfect for a card. I could just picture tiny elves trying to lug around and sort out all those letters, LOL.

So I altered up Wild Sprouts Vivi from The Greeting Farm by wiping away her present and replacing it with an 'envelope' then computer generated the Glee quote as my sentiment. I also decided to go ahead and enter this in the FFF challenge... let it snow. It had been a long time since I played in a TGF challenge but I recently enjoyed the three blog hop challenges so much that I'm excited to be jumping back into the fun! :)

Okey dokey, I think that's a wrap for the day... chat with ya manana!




Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper/die cuts- My Mind's Eye- Colorful Christmas)
stamp- The Greeting Farm (WS Vivi)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox Creamy Brown chalk ink
Liquid Applique
Copic black multiliner pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair-E30, E31, E33, E35
clothes- B0000, B000, B01, YG03, YG25, YG17, RV17, RV19, RV69, E40, E41, 0, BG02, BG05, BG07, Y13, Y15, Y26, Y28

32 comments:

Juls said...

gorgeous!!! Love the sentiments, and the gorgeous soft delicate colours! Hugs Juls

cowboydutrem said...

Fun image and nice card!

angelique (anlou) said...

oh my what a sweet image
love your card sweetie
hugs angelique

♥Rach♥ said...

Omgosh, this is SO cute! Love the paper/colors (I have that paper too) and how you've colored her hat. Love that line from Glee too. Beautiful job!

Larisa said...

What a nice girl and her letter for Santa is so nice))) Love this theme a lot! )))

Jamie N. said...

Hah! I saw the card first (before I read your post) and was like - hey that's from Glee. The Brit storyline was awesome. I can just see Brittnay spelling the S's backwards too!

Love the card. Its sooo pretty!

aremus said...

Such a cute card. Love the colors and snowflakes.

Amanda

Jessica Diedrich said...

Awww <3 Vivi :) Love her rainbow stockings!

~* steph :) *~ said...

simply adorable, amy! love the little elf and his little sentiment. too cute! love the papers and the colors. so festive. thanks for sharing and have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

gobeagirl said...

Amy I just love this. I think that you should send this to Britney. She would so love her. I really love your happy holiday color too. Great JOB! I agree with you on the episode. I was so going to email you right after... Can you see my big grin? I too just loved Becky as the little reindog. "Their real you know." :O) I also just love how coach Bieste is so sweet and has teamed with Mr. Shue against Sue the Grinch. heehee Hope you have an awesome day. Hugs, Lisa

Renkata said...

ohhh such a big letter :)
Very cute card!

Lau W said...

Oh it's cute, very nice card, love it !
xxx

Jacilynn said...

Ha! I love it. I knew where the sentiment came from right when I saw it. lol I loved the Christmas episode.
Great card.
Thanks for the package. I got it yesterday! that was fast.
hugs

Angela said...

What a sweet card Amy!! I love that big letter, I want one that big!!lol!! Love the cute DP you used also. Keep warm!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Maria Therese said...

Sweet card!!!

scrapn_momof2 said...

I love this card. It is adorable. I love the fun colors and the image

Joy said...

sweet and pretty card! thanks for the reminder about the Christmas images I have too! I better get them and dust them off. lol! love what you did by adding that envelope. great idea. hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Rhonda Miller said...

Great card. What a sweet little elf. TFS.

donna mikasa said...

Now I wish my Vivi was carrying a letter to Santa! Super cute card--great altering as always!

grace said...

cute stamp and i really love the colors on the card!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE!!! This is super cute. Great Job. TFS!!!
Hugs, heidi brawley

Beth aka BR-T said...

This is terrific Amy!

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... cuteness, Amy! Love your sweet card!

Billie A said...

Really cute I love how you alter your stamps. The colors you used are great. Very nice card.

Sharon said...

This is absolutely adorable!

Alice said...

so cute and clever! love where you found the inspiration! too fun! superb card, Amy!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just adorable!

ChickieChirps said...

I love this card Amy! So cute!

Arabella

WickedPixie said...

Amy, this is so full of Magical Holiday Fabulousness! I LOVE it! Adorable alteration and I so love the inspiration and quote! You are a genius! :-)Traci

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Amy this is too adorable!! Love the fun dp paired with the elf

RiNNE said...

Oh MY! I am in love with this...the color, the elf, the fun lettering. This made me totally smile!

Robin said...

great quote and love the colours! Robin