Monday, December 13, 2010

Oh, there's no place like home for the holidays...

‘cause no matter how far away you roam
when you pine for the sunshine of a friendly gaze
for the holidays, you can’t beat home sweet home
I met a man who lives in Tennessee
he was headin’ for Pennsylvania
and some home made pumpkin pie...


Happy Monday everyone!
Well, I managed to dig myself out of the two feet of snow that fell, though my mailbox fell victim to a snow plow I suspect because it got totally munched yesterday and will have to be replaced. The big old lilac bush in the yard didn't fair too well either with the heavy, wet snow breaking off a couple of big branches.
I also made time to go through my paper stash and pull all the Christmas ones into an organized container. In fact, that is how I came across these 'oldies but goodies' from Cosmo Cricket that I had forgotten all about... shameful I know! ;)
But as soon as I found these 'Be Good' papers I knew they were a perfect match for the new Cheeky Cherry Pie that I just got in the mail a couple days ago. I really love the vintage vibe of how this all came together and pretty quickly too, which is always a plus.

Ok, I'm going to cut this short as the internet is giving me fits and I keep getting booted off.
We are in the home stretch to Christmas folks, I hope the spirit of the season makes your week a great one! :)




Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Cosmo Cricket (Be Good)
stamp- The Greeting Farm (Cheeky Cherry Pie)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Making Memories poinsettia flowers
American Crafts fleece heart
Maya Road stick pin
buttons
lace
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E01, E21, R00, R20, W1, W3
hair- E74, E77, E79, E49
clothes- BG000, G12, G21, BG72, BG75, BG78, E50, E30, 0, R05, E08, E07, E18
pie- C0, C1, C3, E31, E33, YR24, E37

18 comments:

cowboydutrem said...

What a beautiful card! Love the colors + the lace!

Robin said...

What a sweet little stamp... how did I miss that one at TGF? Love the vintage too! Robin

~* steph :) *~ said...

oo love it, love the vintage vibe, amy! the image is so adorable!! love the papers and the trim.
ohno about your mailbox. hope it's ok.
thanks for sharing and have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

angelique (anlou) said...

wow sweetie
this card is gorgeous
the image is so cute
thanks for sharing
hugs angelique

Auntie Em said...

Love the vintagey PPs and the sweet little rows of lace. Great card!
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Unknown said...

Awww so sweet, love the bold red colour on your card xxx

Maria Therese said...

Sweet sweet card Amy and perfect coloring!!

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is adorable. I have been trying to get the right colors on that pie, and you did it! Yum! I think that the papers are perfect too. Sorry to hear about the mailbox. Talk about IMPORTANT! lol...I was reporting your snowfall to Jerry and he was making fun of me about not knowing Manson existed two years ago. lol....He wants to know do you have Wendy's there? Yes, that's what is important to Jerry. lmbo Have a great day. If I remember you don't have to work so have a great day off. Hugs, Lisa

Shaela said...

adorable!! that's one nice thing I've discovered about cleaning out and organizing my crafty stuff - you find lost treasures! :) have a great day

jacque4u2c said...

This makes me giggle - so cute!

donna mikasa said...

Super cute, and very vintagey! Love the long card shape, too! Keep warm, Amy!

Tonje said...

Love the papers! And the stamp is super cute!

Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs said...

I love the beauty and simplicity of this card, but more so I love the message...thanks for sharing...

Sharon said...

Lovely card. Love the image.

Alice said...

love love the beautiful pps and cheeky is super sweet with your fab coloring, Amy! love this pretty card!

WickedPixie said...

This is so cute! I love how she is sitting on the sentiment and the buttons in the flowers!
Doesn't that snow really make it feel like Christmas? :-)Traci

Juls said...

so very fabulous and stylish! Hugs Juls

RiNNE said...

How truly gorgeous! I must get that cute TGF domestic diva stamp! And that poinsetta flower is awesome!