Sunday, December 12, 2010

Oh, the weather outside is frightful...

but the fire is so delightful
and since we've no place to go
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

OMGoodness folks, you know that snow that I was thinking couldn't possibly start falling yesterday? Well it DID! It started dumping on us in the morning and hasn't let up yet. My poor little yorkie is finding it hard to go outside and do his business when the snow is deeper than he is tall. I know, I know TMI but this is just ridiculous! Luckily for me I have no where to go so I'll just hole up and enjoy not having to go out into the storm. :)

So as you can see I've had some more fun altering stamps with this one. What can I say, I like the challenge of seeing how many regular stamps I can make work for a holiday card. This time I stamped up one of the Miss Anya's from the original set and and then gave her Rain Miss Anya's clothes so that she would have a coat and some boots to keep her warm while she goes out to do her last minute gift shopping. Sure, a mini skirt is probably pretty impractical but she just can't help but want to be stylish even in the winter weather. ;)

Well, it's time for me to go heat up some cocoa and turn on the Christmas tunes... I'll let you know if I'm able to dig myself out of all this white stuff tomorrow, LOL!

XOXO! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper/sentiment stickers- October Afternoon (Very Merry)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Miss Anya and Rain Miss Anya)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Making Memories felt holly leaves
Kaiser Kraft pearls
Copic black multiliner pen
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- E44, E47, E49
clothes- R05, R08, R27, E19, E74, E77, E79, BG10, BG11, G12, E50, E30, 0, YG03, YG25, YG17, G19, G28, G29

21 comments:

Robin said...

Always so impressed with your image altering... keep saying I will try it and haven't yet! Her hair is amazing BTW and great papers!!! Robin

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous coloring and gorgeous card!!

Nancy Thomas said...

A very happy, bright and cheerful holiday card! At least when it snows you have the perfect excuse to stay in and craft til your hearts content. It's yucky weather here - very cold for Alabama and so windy and gloomy. No pretty stuff!

Desirée said...

Fabulous card Amy! :)

♥Rach♥ said...

CUTE! Love the outfit, you're totally right, she's stylin! Love the sentiments and words, they match perfectly!

Rosa Forino said...

che bella combinazione di colori, le tue card natalizie sono stupende ciao rosa.kreattiva

Suvenkorento said...

Your card is fabulous! The colours are great. I love the altered Anya :) The skirt is probably still too short for Christmas shopping xD

Juls said...

toooooo fabulous!!!! Loving the polka dots! Hugs Juls

Renkata said...

hihihihi so cute post. Super idea Amy.

Tasha said...

Wow super cute, she looks awesome in her new togs! Love the fact she is christmas shopping!
love tasha xx

gobeagirl said...

Great card Amy. I think Miss Anya looks adorable. As for the mini skirt, you have to be able to look stylish when you are inside the mall and shopping your heart out. lol....I just love the colors on this card. Great, great Job! Stay warm and snuggly today. We didn't get that storm, but we are suppose to soon. As of right now it is foggy and about 34 degrees..It is really weird to think it is warmish out. Have a great day off. Hugs, Lisa

WickedPixie said...

Fabulous! I love these alterations!! As far as the mini skirt - she is a teenager, right? Living here in Alaska, my DH and I have noticed that there are lots of Super Heroes living here - they all seem to be teenagers and their super power is immunity to cold! :-)Traci

angelique (anlou) said...

oh my sweetie
another FAb card
the image is so cute
love the coloring
hugs angelique

Sharon said...

Cute card

~* steph :) *~ said...

love your altering, amy! you got skills :)!!! fab card. love all the colors, papers, your altered chick, your coloring...thanks for sharing and have a great Sunday! oh, wowee, sounds like you guys got a lot of snow! poor doggie. i can't imagine. my doggie would get lost in the snow too. stay warm. *hugs* steph :)

Shirley N said...

You are the master alterer, love this Amy!!!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a gorgeous card. TFS.

Unknown said...

Fabby card, Amy! Love the altered Anya!

donna mikasa said...

Love how you swapped outfits and made her cozy cool! Such a fun, colorful card! And I can't imagine all that snow...your poor Yorkie!

Kimberly S said...

Awww...she looks great in her holiday outfit, and your coloring is so pretty. Burrr...sounds like a good thing you didn't have to be anywhere in that snow.

Alice said...

she is a beauty! love how your little altering adds so much! beautiful card!