Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I'll be fine and dandy...

Lord, it's like a
hard candy Christmas...

Good morning!

Nothing about this card is sad but I couldn't help to start singing this Dolly Parton Christmas song as I was loading it into this post. It's another one that I tend to sing along to quite animatedly when it hits the rotation on my cd player... what can I say, it allows me to emote passionately for a couple minutes like only a good country song can, LOL! ;)

Anywho, I used sweet Noelle from Kraftin Kimmie Stamps on my card and I have a confession to make... after finishing this up last night I was in such a mood for some pepperminty goodness that I whipped up a batch of peppermint bark. Yummmmmmy! In fact, I'm having a hard time resisting eating peppermint bark for breakfast this morning. :)
Ok, ok, back to the card... I used some more old papers that I came across in my organizing the other day, this time some Heidi Grace from 2007. How could I not when it had all those cute candy canes on it? All that pink and mint green may not be a traditional Christmas color combo but I think it works here.

Well, I had better get going... take it easy and why not eat something sweet today? ;)

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Heidi Grace (Christmas)
stamps- Kraftin Kimmie (Noelle), Paper Trey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown and creamy brown
ribbon
Kaiser Craft gems
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, BG000
hair- E08, E09, E19, E18
clothes- R35, R37, E07, G20, G40, 0, E40, E41, RV000, RV00, RV10

24 comments:

cowboydutrem said...

I've already eaten something sweet today (chocolate)... Love the sweet colors of your card!

Kelly Booth said...

So cute Amy.....love this little scene! Yum...peppermint bark sounds like a yummy breakfast. Lol! Hugs....

Melissa S said...

Cute cute card. I love Dolly singing that song it's on my Zune right now. I'm trying my best to keep out of the cookies I got last night at a cookie exchange.

Rosa Forino said...

che splendore.... anch'io voglio cantare e tutto il resto a dopo natale ;-) ciao

♥Rach♥ said...

I love that color combo, it looks so great! This paper looks like it's made for her, totally love this one :0)

Tabitha said...

Your card is adorable. Love the colors. Thanks for sharing and off to have some oatmeal. Does that count as something sweet? I have to have my license renewed next month and I want to look smaller than I do now in my picture. LOL Way to wait till the last minute & around the holidays! Man, I may just go eat some cupcakes mom sent over. LOL

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is really too cute! I love the papers and I just love how you made the senitment on it's own circle. Great idea...I am sure if you don't mind I might have to give that a try sometime. lol.... Now, for your song....I love that song and I am so with you on the belting it out...You would think I was a cast member on Glee the way I think I can sing that in my car. lmbo....If only I could sing like Dolly! :O) Have a great day. I am back to work even though I ended up getting sick last nigh. Kid's are staying home today as they both have fevers....

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute card. TFS.

angelique (anlou) said...

again such a cute card sweetie
i love the color combo
the image is FAB
hugs angelique

Shaela said...

I'd be happy to take some of that peppermint bark off of your hands... ;) Love your card - I think the paper works MARVELOUS with this image :)

Sudha said...

Yes sweet card dear.

~* steph :) *~ said...

oo, i would eat some peppermint bark for breakfast, hehe. your card is so cute and sweet! loooove that paper and adorable image. love her dress! oh, love the birdie house too. thanks for sharing and have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

Renkata said...

such a cutie, yummy papers.

Shirley N said...

Ohhh, I love this card and I also love peppermint bark. Can you share your recipe? She's making me drool!

Mimi said...

Such a cute card Amy! Can see how the sweet candy paper put you in the mood for peppermint bark! yummm! ;)

Joy said...

another cute card! love the creation...DP...image and all those other embellies! too sweet! have a good Tuesday!

Loz said...

what on earth is peppermint bark? not sure I'd let the kids have it for Christmas but I bet I'd sneak a bit!
Love your card, the colours and papers are just gorgeous... btw - just waiting for my cookies n cream fudge to set - so I will be eating sweet today!! ♥

Sharon said...

Cute card

Alice said...

yumminess! love the soft colors! lovely card, Amy! mmm.... you are making me crave peppermint bark.... =)

WickedPixie said...

It more than works! This is so delightful! :-)Traci

donna mikasa said...

Love the minty goodness here! Perfect papers and Noelle is such a cutie! Love this, Amy!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Ohhh she is DARLING! Love the candy canes on her skirt :) Awesome card, amy! Totally works!

Juls said...

so so cute!!! Loving all the pink candy cane! Hugs JUls

RiNNE said...

I love non-traditional colors on Christmas cards!! What a cute and amazing card-- love all the candycanes!