Saturday, December 11, 2010

It's like a Christmas serenade...

street musicians and the horse drawn sleigh
colored street lights watch the world at play
a Christmas serenade...

Hidee ho!
It's supposed to snow today but I'm doubting that it will be cold enough as we've been having a virtual heatwave of temps in the high 30s. ;)
Still, with my luck I'll be driving home from work in a snow storm! Oh well, I'll deal with that when and if I have to.

So as you can see, I went a little button crazy on this card! What can I say, once I started adding them I just couldn't stop, LOL. I also went a bit glitter crazy too but you can't see that in the pic. I guess sometimes you just need to give in to the sparkle and froof and just go with it. :)
I 'big headed' the Christmas Evie digi from Tickled Pink and though I didn't plan for it originally, after I had colored her hair black all of a sudden she started looking very Snow White-ish to me. So I ran with it which just leads us full circle back to why I went all shimmery and froofy... princesses want to celebrate the holidays too!

Alrighty, I think I must be a bit tired because it feels like I'm starting to talk nonsense a bit. Good thing I've got a couple days off after this. ;)
Oh! And before I forget... Tickled Pink has started their 12 days of Christmas count down with chances to win everyday! Just head on over to the TP blog to see how you can play along!

TTFN!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- The Girls Paperie (tinsel & twig)
digi stamp- Tickled Pink (Christmas Evie)
stamp- Technique Tuesday (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Jenni Bowlin chipboard button
buttons
Making Memories holly brads and leaves
crinkled ribbon (from Kiara)
Martha Stewart corner and border punch
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20, R27
hair- N5, N7, N9, 100
eyes- E35, E37, E59
clothes- R27, R29, E09, YG25, YG17, YG67, E50, E30, 0, G29
bell- Y13, Y15, Y26, Y28

27 comments:

Renkata said...

Ohhhh Amy I just love how you coloured her, she look amazing.
Such a pretty card!

Larisa said...

She is cute!!!!!

Stef H said...

wow! fabulous! and i'm loving those buttons!

hugs :)

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

She is so pretty Amy! Love the big head too and all the buttons!

gobeagirl said...

Amy she is absolutely adorable! I love all the buttons and I love how you colored her. She does kind of look like snow white, but who would ever mind that. Our weather has been much like yours this week. I can hear the snow dripping onto the airconditioner in the back of our house in the afternoons. I just keep thinking that we'll get hit again and all of this is going to turn to ice and boy won't that be fun... :O) I hope you have a great day at work. Hugs, Lisa

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, I just love your card. TFS.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! I love all the details. TFS :)

Sharon said...

Lovely card

angelique (anlou) said...

oh my amy
she's beautyful
i just love your card hunni
hugs angelique

Andrea C said...

ooo I love this card!!!! x

~* steph :) *~ said...

super cute, amy! i loooove all the buttons! great colors :)! thanks for sharing and have a great weekend! *hugs* steph :)

Nancy Thomas said...

I like all the buttons amontst the holly leaves - looks like berries. Very bright and fun card.

Shirley N said...

I love your buttons Amy! This is a beautiful layout and I love your Christmas Evie! Have a great weekend!

Loz said...

I love yoir 'big headed' cards Amy! She's gorgeous, love the fa & la's around her!! ♥

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous sweetie!!!

Stamping Cafe said...

This is gorgeous, Amy! Love all the details you putted into this card!

Hope you are having a fabulous weekend!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This is sooo gorgeous Amy!! Love all the buttons on there too!
I <3 Christmas!
Kristy xo

Unknown said...

love all the buttons, Amy! Fantastic card! Have a wonderful weekend!

RiNNE said...

She is too cute! Love the awesome card...you are the QUEEN of embellies...love their placements as well! Genius!

Shaela said...

This is darling!! and I love all the buttons ;)

Alice said...

love the fun border and all the embellishments. very pretty and festive holiday card, Amy!

Sudha said...

Lovely work dear, I like the way u placed the image on ur designs.

Juls said...

this is so so fabulous!!! Love how you have buttons sprinkles all over the card!!! Hugs Juls

Tasha said...

Wow totally stunning, such gorgeous colour work and beautiful embellishing
love tasha xx

WickedPixie said...

Amy, I love the fa la la la la's around her! The whole card is so festive and pretty! :-)Traci

donna mikasa said...

Such a cheery card! You can never have too many buttons! Love the bigger image, too. Sooo Christmasy!

Angela said...

Another beautiful Lil Lolita Christmas card. I really love the layout on this and all the buttons you added.
Hugs:)
Angela