Friday, December 17, 2010

Deck the halls he's up on the roof top...

Whoa oh oh oh...
Deck the halls he's up on the roof top!
Whoa oh oh oh
Deck the halls he's up on the roof top!

TGIF my stamping peeps!
If you haven't heard the Glee "Deck the Rooftop" mash-up yet, I highly recommend it... I totally rock out to it in the car, LOL! :)

I've got quite the busy day ahead of me so I'm just gonna dive right into my card. I originally set out to make something super quick and super easy but things quickly deviated from that plan... first, I decided to look through my TGF stamps since they are not only cute but usually pretty quick to color up as well. I found WS Miko from the Roll Call set and thought that with a bit of tweaking her dress could look like a nightgown but I wanted a less mischievous looking face so I kept searching and came across WS Reeta... ahhhh, perfect! Ok, so a head swap and tiny altering of her collar was a tad more work but not too bad. Then I pulled out my Christmas stamp binder to look for a good sentiment and instead I found these Martha Stewart clear stamps with the cutest little vintage Santa flying in his sleigh... ooooooh, I suddenly had an idea! Sure I ended up having to hand cut a window pane, computer print a sentiment and dig out some little Christmas lights from my ornament making days but I think it was all worth the extra effort. ;)

Well, thanks for stopping by, I hope you all enjoy this last weekend before the big holiday! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Making Memories
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Wild Sprout Reeta and Wild Sprout Miko), Martha Stewart (Vintage Christmas)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox creamy brown, dark brown, warm red
felt heart
button
mini string of lights
computer generated sentiment
Copic multiliner black pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E30, E31, E34
clothes- R27, R29, E07, E19, E50, E30, 0, G19, G29

19 comments:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

This is just awesome Amy! I love the scene you've created and the alteration is fabulous as usual.

Nancy Thomas said...

I admire your head swapping skills! And what a delightful card - love the window pane look.

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, This is just the most adorable idea and card I have ever seen. I just love it. Can you believe that I still have not purchased Roll call set? I just love all of them, and think they are so cute! I hope that you have a great day. I am off to work myself. Both kids are doing better, but do to fevers off and one they still are out of school and now Christmas break. Hugs, Lisa

angelique (anlou) said...

this card is such a cutie
love the image
hugs angelique

Tress said...

The extra time you spent was worth it! The card is adorable!

Lau W said...

Love this scene, it's realy a nice card !
xxx

Maria Therese said...

Sweet sweet card! Love the window with Santa outside :)

Shaela said...

it definitely was worth the extra effort - this is adorable!! :)

eva said...

this is so adorable! i just love it!

RiNNE said...

I am telling you...that song just makes you wanna dance!

I absolutely LOVE this card!! The subtle colors to make the red and lights pop out. This awesome scene you created! The cut-out windows and mini Xmas lights. And the altered WS image and Santa stamp... I am in awe!

Shirley N said...

Ahhhh, this is so cute Amy, love the window scene and the lights! Have a great weekend!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Great card Amy!

WickedPixie said...

Oh, my...Seriously?...YES! This was worth the effort - WOW! I LOVE it! I am such a sucker for a good scene and this one really "gets" me, right in that warm fuzzy Holiday loving part of me!! :-)Traci

Debbie Pamment said...

I must say I do love the way you "tweak" LOL
xXx

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! This card is amazing! tooo stinking cute! what an awesome job you did on it!!TFS!
Hugs, Heidi Brawley

donna mikasa said...

Most adorable card, ever! Love the background scene, the window, the lights...pure genius! Fabulous altering, as always!

Juls said...

Fabulous! The lights are just brilliant! Hugs Juls

Alice said...

love love the fab window view. you are a genius, girl! such a sweet card! love it!

Stamping Cafe said...

This is totally amazing, Amy! Love the window, the background, and the lights, you totally ROCK girl!!