Friday, November 11, 2011

Autumn Blessings

TGIF!

There's just something about Fridays isn't there? Doesn't matter that I'm working both today and tomorrow, it still feels good to get to the end of another week. Maybe part of it is that I'm finally feeling myself again after that awful cold. Getting sick really sidelined me and I wasn't able to get a bunch of stuff done that I wanted to this past week. So now I have Sunday to look forward to playing a little catch up on. :)

Today I've got another card to share from the Thanksgiving themed Special November release over at Some Odd Girl. This one features the sweetest little indian maid to attend that first Thanksgiving feast... Indian Tia! When I sat down to make my cards for this mini release I chose to work with a single paper pad for all three because I wanted them to all coordinate with each other, kind of like a little card set. I went with the new We R Autumn Splendor 6x6 pad and as soon as I came across this cool tree trunk print I new I had to pair it up with Tia. They remind me of paper birch trees, which I'm rather fond of because I can still remember climbing up into the giant paper birch in the yard as a kid and tapping on the knots aka 'doors' looking for fairies... but I digress. Because I didn't want to lose the look of Tia standing amongst the trees, I kept the design very CAS with minimal embellishing. This is why I love pretty papers folks! ;)

Well, I should take off... have a great weekend everybody!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- We R Memory Keepers (Autumn Splendor)
digi stamp- Some Odd Girl (Indian Tia)
stamp- Paper Trey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and Colorbox chestnut roan
Paper Trey Ink twine
Basic Grey Picadilly wood button
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E21, E13, R20
eyes- E57, E59
hair- T5, T7, T9
clothes- E50, E30, 0, R05, E07, E19, G40, G92, YR12, YR14, BG72, BG75, E47, YG91, YG93, E15

24 comments:

SARA said...

Hi AMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! beautiful card!!!!! i love your stile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love color combination! sorry for my english! Hugs

Zarah said...

She's goregous and your style is amazing! I love this card!

Creations by Shirl said...

Yes, this is my fav of Kristy's selection.... But I'm having trouble with downloading digi's!
Love how you colored her up she's really really a pretty pocohantas... Awesome Amy~

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy this is just stunning! I love the paper with her. You sure hit the nail on the head the way you have just let her shine within her surroundings. I really really love her. Hope you have a great Friday!!! I am like you, it doesn't matter if I work both Friday and Saturday, it just feels so good to be at Friday. lol... Hugs, Lisa

kadie said...

EEEEEEK!! She is SO CA-UTE!!!

Carrie said...

Your card is so beautiful! simple but striking.

Carrie
glitterandtwirl.blogspot.com

Cindy H. said...

Just adorable!! The bg paper is perfect! tfs

Dotty Jo said...

Perfect colouring and that button is lovely, Jo x

Giuli said...

you've used fab colors and the badge is so cute!! :D

Tress said...

Your little Indian maiden is very striking. Keeping the card CAS was a smart choice. Its fabulous! Glad you are feeling better.

Crafty Loops said...

Awww this has catapulted me right back to when I was 2 years of age, watching Cowboy and Indian films and I used to ask my wee Mamma to do my hair like an "Enteen"! Now, I know there is no such word, but for some reason I couldnt say Indian!! Hey....I was only 2 you know! lol. So I called the girls Indians "Enteens"! And the hair do I wanted was the very same one as this beautiful image. I was a bit of a daft child....but then, nothing much has changed!! Love this card Amy. Lee xx

Rhonda Miller said...

What a beautiful card.

yvon said...

She's adorable, gorgeous card. Got to get me some off those girls someday.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs, Yvon

Cami said...

This is so pretty...the loveliest Indian gal I've seen and your style really lets her be the focal point!
Glad you're feeling better Amy!
Hugs, Cami

Karen said...

Such a cute card. Love how color coordinated it is and the button accent. The Indian girl is adorable.

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

great card..what a great stamp and you have showcased her so well..thanks for the inspiration :)

Jas said...

So pretty, Amy! Love all the colors combination on the card and your copic coloring really AMAZING! Love the hair...everything! Have a nice weekend!

RiNNE said...

This is so gorgeous!!!!! I just loooooove the color combo & her clothes just have the most wonderful shading! This paper is perfect for the card too (LOL on your tree stories- such an active imagination!). Your coloring is amazing!!!!

Craftdee said...

Another gorgeous project, Amy. I love the image, (can I justify another purchase, mmmm) and of course you have coloured her superbly. I think the paper choice is inspired too, really lets your little Indian Girl shine. TFS, Donna

Caroline said...

This is so sweet - love that BG button too!!

Brandi said...

So glad you are feeling better! Love this card ~ you make some of the cutest cards I've ever seen! :)

Rachel said...

This is so gorgeous!!!!:)

Isa said...

It´very NICE !!!

Leanne said...

Gorgeous! I love the CAS layout, that paper is beautiful I think I have it! hahaha. And Tia is so Pocahontas here. Love her dress colors and all the pretty feathers. Wonderful card Amy!