Saturday, November 19, 2011

In the meadow we can build a snowman

Olo!

I hope your weekend is off to a great start. All is well here, though I should be getting ready for work today. Once we get snow on the roads it takes a little longer to get into town... I look at it as more time to enjoy my Christmas tunes while driving. ;)

So this card was part of the Review Preview on the ATS blog earlier this week and features Chill E. Pinebough from the November SN release. This time around I drew a little forest scene in the distance behind him with a few quick squiggles of the marker. I like how it gives Chill E. a home to live in with his birdie pal. It's the little things that make me smile I tell ya. :)

Alrighty, I'm gonna cut this one short and be on my merry way. Take it easy my friends!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Echo Park (Season's Greetings)
stamps- Sweet November (Chill E. Pinebough snowman), Paper Trey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox chestnut roan and Versamark clear
American Crafts Zing white embossing powder
My Favorite Things High Tea doily die
Kaiser Craft pearls
Ranger Liquid Pearls
Copic markers:
snowman- BG0000, G0000, B000, 0
sticks/wreath/nose- E43, E44, E47, YG17, YG67, G29, Y38, YR04, YR18
hat- R24, R27, R29, E18, YG00, YG01, YG03, YG17, YG67, G29, G00, G03, BG34, E40, E41, 0
bird- W5, W7, E40, E41, E42, E43, E44, YR24
scenery- G21, G24, B0000

19 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous little snowman Amy! Heard my first Christmas song yesterday... Ho Ho Ho here we come, Jo x

Nancy Thomas said...

He is adorable paired up with that pretty EP paper. Love his scarf especially.

Unknown said...

This is so cute Amy, what a sweet image, love the colours xxx

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE he is soooo Adorable. Love it!
Have a Great weekend too!
Hugs, Heidi

Auntie Em said...

What a cute snowman card! Love the patterned paper you used, especially the plaid since it really makes the image pop.

Creations by Shirl said...

Love the adorable snowman, his really handsome.... great bg papers too...
Me and hubby went to Home Depot yesterday and I heard my first Christmas song: It's starting to feel like Christmas - la la la la...
Have a great weekend....

Cindy H. said...

Just so adorable!! Love your little squiggle trees, too :)

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute card. That snowman is adorable.

Jas said...

Love the snowman, so cute!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous ♥ Love how you colored the christmas wreath really lifelike!!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, this is a very sweet card. I love your little scene for him to be a part of. I think he needs to have a home. :O) I hope you drive safe and have a great day. I have the next three days off, so I am hoping the snow stays like it is here so that I can get my Xmas shopping all wrapped up. (pun intended.) Wish me luck that I can keep it all in the closet until the big day. Hugs, Lisa
Are you listening to your Glee Christmas yet? I haven't picked it up yet. :O( I'm not sure what I am waiting for. Hugs again, Lisa

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, this is a very sweet card. I love your little scene for him to be a part of. I think he needs to have a home. :O) I hope you drive safe and have a great day. I have the next three days off, so I am hoping the snow stays like it is here so that I can get my Xmas shopping all wrapped up. (pun intended.) Wish me luck that I can keep it all in the closet until the big day. Hugs, Lisa
Are you listening to your Glee Christmas yet? I haven't picked it up yet. :O( I'm not sure what I am waiting for. Hugs again, Lisa

Jenny said...

Really cute Amy! I finally got my hands on these cuties and the xmas fairwees! :)

Kelly Schelske said...

Very pretty Amy!!

Sara I. said...

So cute! Love the plaid and the tan doily - the design is perfect! xx

Mimi said...

He's such a sweet snowman! Adorable card Amy! Can't believe there's snow already!! have a fabulous weekend! ;)

Iverova said...

Snowman out fun! Interesting lace doily! Postcard wonderful! I love pearls!

RiNNE said...

So adorable!! Love that forest you drew!! Simply fabulous!!! And that doily sticker is wonderful!!

PS. Forgot to say yes!!! Loved pirates 4! And it has mermaids!!! :). Speaking of mermaids- my son has a new favorite show on nick jr. They're little mer people and I thought of you and your SN stamps because they are soo adorably cute (darn!!! I can't think of the name!!).

Leanne said...

O Love the scene you created. It's like one of those plates you buy in those magazine. Gorgeous! And the papers together are all stunning. Love how you colored your snowman. Everything is just wonderful and Christmassy. :)