Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Holiday Joy

Hello again!

With all of the new stamps being released it can be easy to neglect old favorites, so we are doing a bit of a throwback post over on the ATS blog today. Each of the DT have chosen a winter/Christmas stamp from a past year's release to feature once again. For my card I chose my sweet little Winter Darby and her pal, Pudge who were first released last November. This time I did a tiny bit of altering to Pudge by adding a letter for him to deliver to his friend because I was inspired by the postcard looking paper scrap that I pulled for the card. Yep, this is more scraps from the scrap bag and I even made my own Christmas yo-yo for an embellishment... I feel so crafty! This card was a lot of fun to make. Seriously who doesn't love visiting with old friends... whether they be rubber or real. :)

Okey dokey, thanks for stopping by on this fine Tuesday. The sun is shining here and I'm off to enjoy the day!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Basic Grey (polka dot), My Mind's Eye (cream), Simple Stories (houndstooth and postcard), Making Memories (green)
stamps- Sweet November (Darby and Pudge), My Favorite Things (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox chestnut roan
Making Memories stick pins
Knot & Bow gold twine
handmade mini yo-yo
Doodlebug white flock
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic black multiliner pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
eyes- E25, E29
hair- C5, C7, C9, 100
clothes- R05, R08, E19, E18, YG67, YG97, YG99, T5, T7, T9, E81, W1, 0
pudge- W1, W3, W5, W7, E81, YR24

16 comments:

AtStudioD said...

Amy, once again, your card is super cute and the coloring is perfect!! How many years have you been coloring? Did you take any classes for it or did it come natural? Amazing.

x0, Damaris

Creations by Shirl said...

Aww cute images - love that bird over looking!
Love all those bg papers too....

Mette said...

This is such a sweet card Amy and I love Darby (must fish her out too lol). Love the little bird with the letter and you are so right - it's so easy to forget old stamps.

Hugs, Mette

Crafty Loops said...

Wow this card is really awesome Amy. I love the wee bird, its so cute. The design of the card is terrific. Lee x

Nancy Thomas said...

I love Darby and Pudge - love the addition of the tiny letter in Pudge's beak. Beautiful!

Cindy H. said...

Love that you put an envy in the bird's mouth. I see a little story as I look at this sweet card, it's just adorable!!

Annette Allen said...

aww this is so sweet...

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute. I love the little birdie on the branch.

Leanne said...

Super cute Amy. Love the papers, epecially the houndstooth and the postcard. The alteration to Pudge is perfect especially since Darby is looking like she's waiting for him to deliver it. Sweet! Cute stick pins and fun yo-yo. Enjoy your day!
:)

Kelly Schelske said...

So cute Amy! Love her feathered friend as well!

Shaela said...

This is darling! Love the letter you drew for Pudge to carry. :)

yvon said...

Hi Amy,
Wow, fantastic card, so cute. Love the bird.
My daughter says hi and thank you for the beautiful card.
Hugs, Yvon

Unknown said...

Awww this is really so sweet Amy, yes how bad to neglect oldie, they are still so cute. Love this one. Hugs xxx

Juls said...

too cute!!! Love the torn edges!! .... and I just adore the little bird in the corner. Hugs Juls

RiNNE said...

Awesome tender moment between old friends! Your coloring is fantastic!

donna mikasa said...

Darby has always been a fave of mine--Pudge, too! Love seeing them spotlighted again. Great card, Amy!