Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Warmth & Joy

Hola!

Thank you all so much for all of the wonderful birthday wishes yesterday, they were all so much fun to read and put a huge smile on my face! I had a great day, with a nice dinner out and my sis, the baker extraordinaire, made a delicious cake for all to enjoy. Pretty much a perfect birthday in my opinion. :)

I have a quick card for this week's review preview over at ATS and it features the snow miss, Adorn D. Yard. I went with a much cooler color palette for her this time around and even swapped out the usual cranberries on her garland for some blue juniper berries. They may not be as tasty but they do look pretty. ;)
And I'm still doing great with my plan to use up Christmas scraps... every paper on this card came from my pile of bits and pieces. Yeah! I've gotta say that it is a pretty satisfying feeling when I can mix together papers from different companies and lines and have them work this well. It doesn't always happen, LOL!

Ok, time for me to go get busy.
Toodles!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Basic Grey (trees), Making Memories (polka dot), My Mind's Eye (blues)
stamps- Sweet November (Adorn D. Yard), Paper Trey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Papertrey Ink twine
Martha Stewart snowflake punch
Kaiser Craft pearl
Copic markers:
BG0000, G0000, B000, 0, T5, T9, E44, E34
clothes- E81, E50, 0, BG72, BG78, YG01, YG03, YG67, R39
mouse- E31, E43, E35, R02
sky- B0000

25 comments:

Liliya said...

Gorgeous card!!! Really worm and very joyful!

Hlora said...

Oh, he is beautiful a lot! The snomen may be so funny!))) Great colouring Amy!

Jeanette said...

Belated Birthday Wishes Amy! your day sounds like it was perfect.
Love your sweet card. Such a cute image. Yay! I love when I can make a card totally from scrap pieces!
Hugs Jeanette xo

Creations by Shirl said...

Such a joyful snowman Amy... love the soft colours and pretty bg papers too...

Nancy Thomas said...

Adorn is definitely beautiful and serene looking today with all the greens. I'm glad to hear you had a nice birthday.

Kelly Booth said...

Happy Birthday sweet Amy...a little late...!!
Just LOVE your Fabby Snowgal card...too cute! Hugs....

Heidi Brawley said...

Love it! She is sooo adorable! What a GREAT holiday card!!
Glad your Birthday was AWESOME! You deserve it!
Hugs, Heidi

Marianne said...

Methinks little miss Adorn can wear anything in style. Love the red fringes, though. Happy to hear you enjoyed your birthday. Marianne x

Crafty Loops said...

This image is so lovely, I love her wee scarf. Beautiful card, love the colours. Lee x

corryskaart said...

hallo amy
leuk om te lezen dat je het fijn hebt gehad op je verjaardag!
en je kaart is wederom weer prachtig!
gr corry

Cindy H. said...

So adorable!!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ohhhh WOW, how cute!!! Super sweet image and I LOVE the sentiment!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ohhhh WOW, how cute!!! Super sweet image and I LOVE the sentiment!

Betsy said...

So cute! Looks like she belongs right next to Dazzle M. Nightly that I won from you!! What a couple they'd make!
Where do you get the little mouse? You used him on the card I won, and I think he's so cute!

Mimi said...

Happy Birthday Amy!! Sounds like you had a fabulous time celebrating! This card is super adorable! Love the colors and juniper berries works for me!! Have a great day! ;)

Annette Allen said...

so glad you had an awesome birthday...It is always good when there is a cake involved...lol

love this card...that image is adorable..

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

Oh my... I love the color of her hat... how daring to use that color!! I love how you got the wrinkles and shed in it again! Fabulous card!!!

Anne-Marie said...

Sorry to have missed your birthday, sweetie....wasn't feelin' very well yesterday...ha!
Glad you had a great day, though.
Love the project....such a fun creation!

Crystal_235 said...

Happy Belated Birthday! What a really cute card. Love the snowman!

Sara I. said...

Adorable card - love, love, love the papers and totally awesome job on the scarf! xx

yvon said...

Gorgeous card, love that snowman.
Hugs, Yvon

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

so sweet ...I really like the kitty playing with the garland..great card

Leanne said...

glad you had a wonderful birthday. what kind of cake did your sis make ya this year? hehe.. that's me getting to the important stuff. lol!
ah, ur card is just wonderful. love that color of green. the berries are a nice touch too. :)

Kelly Schelske said...

So cute Amy!!

RiNNE said...

Glad to hear you had a great birthday!!! Your card is fabby- the coloring is spectacular!! I especially love her cap! Yay for making such a cute card out of scraps!