Sunday, November 6, 2011

Work of art

Hey there...
I am sick as a dog this morning, ugh! This terrible head cold actually started creeping up on me Friday and has only gotten worse since then. Yesterday at work was down right miserable and I am SO thankful to have today off and hopefully get over this bug.

Before I grab another NyQuil and head back to bed, I wanted to share the card I made
for the new challenge over at Some Odd Girl this past week. It's an art inspiration challenge using a great 1902 print by Alphonse Mucha called the Thistle from the Sands. Maybe the colors will inspire you or some of the design elements... with the release of the three new Nouveau girls we just had to do it. :)

I used the lovely Grow for my art inspired card and pulled out some old flourish stamps that hadn't seen ink in years because I thought they would make for a cool background for her.

Okey dokey, so now it's time for you to get inspired! You've got until November 15th to enter a card for a chance at winning a fab prize and while you don't have to use a SOG image to qualify, you do get an extra name in the hat come drawing time if you do.

Good luck!
!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Foofala (Indian Summer)
stamps- Some Odd Girl (Nouveau Grow), Technique Tuesday (sentiment), Lil Davis (Crillion 2 flourish stamps)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox dark brown, Tim Holtz fired brick, wild honey, rusty hinge distress inks
Martha Stewart border punch
Kaiser Craft gems
Hero Arts crochet lace
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E21, E13, R20
eyes- E27, E29
hair- YR31, YR23, YR24, Y38, Y11
clothes/apple- E81, YR30, 0, W5, W7, W9, YG0000, Y21, Y11, YG01, BG96, BG99

23 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Gooooooregeous ♥

Chelsea said...

Great card. Hope you feel better.

paauliska said...

ekstra !!!!:)

Hlora said...

It is gereat! Love the round stamping on the background paper!

Nancy Thomas said...

Beautiful - very artsy looking too. I hope you feel better soon.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card.

Sudha said...

Lovely creation dear. Hope u feel better soon.

Hugs
Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com
http://sudha-kalra.blogspot.com/p/shop.html

Brandi said...

This is an awesome card! Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well ~ hope you get better soon. :)

Cindy H. said...

Wow, what a great take on the inspiration piece!! So sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon!

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

great card...love the background paper the stamping looks like batic..get better :)

Creations by Shirl said...

Very pretty Amy~
Love her hair color, and that border punch on the bottom....
Hope you feel better after a good days rest today....
hugs:)

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is such a magical card. I just love the colors and the way that the whole card feels earthral. Very very pretty. I hope you are feeling better soon. It is weird, as yesterday was my first day off, and I spent most of it in bed druged up with DayQuils and NyQuils. I was fine Friday night and had a great time with my cousin and his wife (the M&M's Godparents). When I got up yesterday I felt like someone had punched me in the chest. I blame Jerry as he has had it last week. lol... Anyway I am feeling a ton better today. (Not myself, but Better).. Get that rest, you sooooo need it. Hugs, Lisa

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Amy, love the colours and the stamping on the background.. so cool. Hey hope you will be better soon.. sending lots of hugs your way xxx

corryskaart said...

hallo amy
teneerste van harte beterschap en je kaart vind ik zoals gewoonlijk prachtig!
groetjes van corry

yvon said...

Look at her, she is gorgeous.
Hope you're feeling better real soon.
Hugs, Yvon

Tress said...

Sorry you are under the weather. Sending get well wishes! Oh, and love the art deco look of this card. Hope you are feeling better tomorrow!

Cami said...

Very sweet and pretty. Love those flourishes you stamped on the background! Of course, your coloring is superb!

RiNNE said...

It's beautiful!!! The colors are perfect, & so are the papers/ bellies! Grow is stunning!! Hope you feel better soon!!!

Mette said...

Hope you are feeling better soon - some bugs can be so nasty.

Beautiful card as always Amy. Love the little artworks you create using papers and elements. Your colouring is gorgeous :).

Hugs, Mette

Liliya said...

Wow! Those stamps are very inspiring!! So many different ways to use them! Beautiful card!

Shaela said...

This is one of the most fantastic cards I've seen in a long time - truly a piece of art, not just a cute crafty creation. Bravo! (and I hope you feel better soon) :)

Leanne said...

So very cool Amy. She's groovy and so is your card. :)

♥Rach♥ said...

LOVE how this came together, the colors are just wonderful and I love the earthy tones with the stamp. Beautiful!