Monday, November 21, 2011

Santa's Little Helper

Mornin'!

Sure it's a Monday. And sure, I've got work to go to today but it's also my birthday so I plan on having some fun too. I'm not exactly sure what that will be yet, I guess part of it depends on how much snow we get today. Hopefully the white stuff will hold off so I can go out and enjoy a bit of a celebration! ;)

So Saturday was a very good mail day for me... I received a couple of orders that I had placed that had some wonderful new Christmas goodies I've been anxious to get my hands on. One of those was the Holiday Style 8x8 pad from October Afternoon... LOVE it! I couldn't resist diving in and putting it to use on a card right away. Luckily I also got this new Kraftin' Kimmie cutie, Shoppin' Sarah, who I thought would make for a fun Christmas shopping kind of card. I did some super simple altering by drawing in lines across her calves to turn her high heels into stylin' winter boots. And I also managed to stick with my 'use up scraps' resolution too as the candy cane stripe and aqua grid down at the bottom of the card actually were scraps from the first October Afternoon Christmas line, Good Cheer. All in all this was a happy, happy, joy, joy kind of card to make. :)

And now I will bid you adieu until tomorrow as I've got a big day ahead of me. Have a good one!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon (Holiday Style and Good Cheer)
stamps- Kraftin' Kimmie (Shoppin' Sarah), Studio G (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Doodlebug twine
Hero Arts felt poinsettias
brads
Sakura clear glaze pen
Sharpie white marker
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic black multiliner 0.1 pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
eyes- E57, E59
hair- E74, E77, E79, E49

clothes- T5, T7, T9, 110, R24, R29, E19, W1, W3, W5, G000, BG11, BG34, BG53
bags- G07, G09, G29, YG23, YG95, YG97, C1, C3

30 comments:

alethea said...

Happy Birthday Amy!! have the most amazing day!! hugsxx

Sara I. said...

Happy Birthday Amy!!! The card is just pure fabby-ness!! LOVE the papers and paper tearing - your coloring is AMAZING! Love the twine, too! xx

chrilvian said...

van harte gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag
hiihih a birthday wish in dutch

woww the card is amazing
i want that paper wow

have a nice day

Nancy Thomas said...

A perfect blend of paper and image! Happy Birthday Amy! I hope you have a day as special as you are.

Unknown said...

What a fun card, so colourful .. the background paper is awesome and I love how you altered the image to make her winter boots. Happy Birthday too, hope you have a wonderful day yay :) Big hugs xxx

Marianne said...

I can see why you are happy with this card. Everything seems to be exactly as it should be. Love the papers and colours and how you have put everything together to create another wonderful scene. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day! Marianne x

Annette Allen said...

this is the cutest card every...I so love that image...
Happy Happy Birthday Amy..have a wonderful day..

Mette said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, AMY. Hope you have a wonderful day :).

What a fabulous card and I totally understand why you love this paper - just yummy. And I could do with a shoppin' Sarah to do my xmas shopping lol. Brilliant card.

Hugs, Mette

Tress said...

Happy Birthday! Hope your day is filled with all types of goodness! Lovin the card...the boots are too fab!

Sudha said...

Happy Birthday dear.
Like the card.Love the image too.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com

Heidi Brawley said...

Happy Happy Birthday to YOU!!! May all your Birthday wishes come TRUE!
Hugs!!!!!!!!!!
Love your card too! Soooo adorable!
Hugs again, Heidi

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Happy Birthday Amy! Love the scene you've created, the alteration and the fab sentiment.

Rosa Forino said...

felice compleanno e tantissimi giorni felici ciao rosa

Creations by Shirl said...

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Amy,
Happy Birthday to you!!!!
Have a great day, and that image on your beautiful card is you, heading from the mall with more crafty shopping and something you always wanted. (he,he)....

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! LOVE this card!! Where did you get this paper from? Have been looking for it!

Cindy H. said...

Happy Birthday, Amy!! I hope you enjoy your special day. Love your card!! The dp is perfect for this beautiful Santa's Helper.

Shaela said...

Happy Birthday!! Gorgeous card, and I LOVE that OA paper - I must get some!!

RiNNE said...

Darn!! Shirl beat me to the happy birthday song!! Ok, I'll sing you the kind they sing at restaurants (although I don't know all the words!!).

Happy, happy birthday!
This song goes out to you!
Tanda raran tandan raran.,,,....

Heehee, sorry I don't know the words!! Anyway, happy birthday! Feliz compleanos! Bonne anniversaire! Maligayang bati! Buon compleanno!! Hope you have the best day ever!!! My card/gift is on its way!

Your card is phenomenal!! I love how you altered her- she looks so chic and I want her boots!! ;). I really don't need any more paper but once you mentioned OA, I'm determined to get it, haha! Amy, you're such a bad influence!! Anyway, I'm a sucker for scenes and your creation is wonderful! Love your coloring especially her hair!!!!

WickedPixie said...

I just knew you would love that paper! I was so hoping my order would arrive before I saw something you had made with it because you always seem to use things in the PERFECT way and then I can't think of anything else but your wonderful card when I see it!! :-)Traci

WickedPixie said...

Oh! And Happy Happy Birthday!! :-)Traci

corryskaart said...

hallo amy
wat een leuke lieve kaart zo met de huizen op de achtergrond en een winkelende dame, en prachtig gekleurd!
gr corry

Leanne said...

OO!! This is fabulous, a one of a kind Amy original in all it's fabulous glory! She's fun and that scene is wonderful!
Hau' oli la Hanau Amy! My wish for you is to have a fabulous day filled with fun and laughter and hopefully some yummy food and sweets! Thanks for always inspiring and for being wonderful!
Have a great week!!
Hugs,
Leanne

Betsy said...

happy Birthday to you, Amy!!!

yvon said...

Happy, happy Birthday to you, hope you have a great day.
Your card is absolut stunning. Love every detail on it.
Hugs, Yvon

Caroline said...

Ooohhhhh, what a great card!! Love the background and the poinsettias! Happy Birthday Amy!!!!

gobeagirl said...

Happy happy Birthday my sweet friend. I hope that today has been an awesome day for you. I love your awesome card. She looks so scheak! We did manage to get all our shopping done. Now all I have to do is head to the post office tomorrow and then wait for the rest of the mail to come to me. lol... Happy Birthday once again. Hugs, Lisa

gobeagirl said...

Happy happy Birthday my sweet friend. I hope that today has been an awesome day for you. I love your awesome card. She looks so scheak! We did manage to get all our shopping done. Now all I have to do is head to the post office tomorrow and then wait for the rest of the mail to come to me. lol... Happy Birthday once again. Hugs, Lisa

MyTeddyboo said...

Happy Birthday!

Lau W said...

Happy birthday my friend, my birthday is 21 november tooooooooo ! héhé !
Hugs and kisses !

AtStudioD said...

She's a hot ticket with her skin tight boots huh?? lol. Very chic card. Love the colors and swag. lol.

x0, Damaris