Monday, November 28, 2011

And the angels sang...

Ah, Monday... here you are again.
Hey guys, so are you ready to get back into the swing of another week? I'm feeling pretty upbeat and positive for a Monday morning and I hope that means good things for the rest of the week. Remember that MIA paper pad that I was searching high and low for? Well after giving up hope yesterday, I found it in the backseat of the car of all places! Sheesh! At least now I can stop obsessing about it, LOL! ;)

I made my card for today using one of the Kraftin' Kimmie angels that I had colored up from a previous "white" video that I did, which can be found here or on Color Me Copic. Because white has a tendency to reflect whatever color surrounds it, I used very light pinks to color Aurelia knowing that I would be pairing her up with this pink snowflake paper from October Afternoon. Talk about a very girly looking Christmas card, but instead of fighting it I ran with the look. Throw on some glittery cardstock, sparkly twine and a pretty handmade stick pin that my November Secret Sister, Kim, made me and it was done!

I'm also entering this one into the open challenge over at Flutter By this week. It's been awhile since I've played along and this time of year is the perfect excuse to add angels into the fluttery mix. :)

And now I must bid you adieu as I go get ready for work.
TTFN!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill, glittered, and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon (Very Merry)
stamps- Kraftin' Kimmie (Angel Aurelia), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
Martha Stewart border punch
Tim Holtz tiny tabs and tags sizzix die
Making Memories felt snowflake
Knot & Bow silver twine
stick pin (from Kim... thanks Kim!)
Sharpie white marker
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E50, YR000, YR01, 0
eyes- E53, E55, E59, BG0000, 0
clothes/wings/notes- R000, R11, 0, E40, E41, E81, Y11, Y26, Y28

17 comments:

Mette said...

Beautiful Amy. I love the pink/white theme and your colouring as always is FAB.

Hugs, Mette

chrilvian said...

oooooooo i love them
i bought 3 in the sale last week at kimmieshop
i hope they will be in my house for 5dec, we have sinterklaas.
a dutch santaclaus....i hope sinterklaas give me some copics 2

Nancy Thomas said...

Beautiful! I love the pink and white and the lacy borders. Glad you found the MIA paper pad.

Anne said...

Gorgeous card Amy
Anne

Creations by Shirl said...

Love this CAS card Amy!
Very pretty pink/white colour choices....

Heidi Brawley said...

omg your card is Gorgeous!!!!! Love it all!
Hugs, Heidi

Cindy H. said...

She looks fab on this beautiful paper and glittered cardstock!!

Liliya said...

I'm not a big fan of pink Christmas Cards. At least was... This one is soooo gorgeous, I'm changing my mind! Beautiful Card!!!

corryskaart said...

hallo amy
wat heb je weer een schatje gemaakt met een schattige digi en prachtig papier!
gr corry

Leanne said...

A beautiful Angelic card Amy! I love the soft pink and the paper is fabulous! The rest of the card is so pretty and the stick pin is wonderful. Lucky duck! hehehe..
So glad you found that paper pad. It must have fallen out of the bag in your rush to get it inside the house. See when you least expect it there it is. hehehe.
Have a fabulous Monday!!

Crafty Loops said...

Another gorgeous card Amy. I love the paper and the wee image is so angelic. Lee x

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! Love the soft colors! I love the border punch!

Stamping Cafe said...

Wow... this is absolutely gorgeous, Amy! Love the colors and coloring, so soft and Christmasy!! The glittery cardstock is the perfect touch! Hugs!!

Mary J said...

As beautiful as always Amy! Thx for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday!

Unknown said...

Awww what a sweetie, love this image and the pink shades and the lovely border is so beautiful xxx

Juls said...

wow this is just fabulous!!! Hugs Juls

RiNNE said...

Stunning!! Loove that border punch and all the pinks, be it subtle or bold! That image is too cool!