Sunday, November 13, 2011

Fabulous birthday

Olo!

Last night I left straight from work and drove the 40 minutes to 'the big city' with some pals to take advantage of a moonlight madness sale at the crafty store there. It was crazy and fun and I got some cool goodies but man, does it feel like I've been going, going, going without a break these past few days! Today I get to stay home but there is plenty to try and get done here too so I doubt it will be very relaxing. Then the whole cycle starts all over again... oy! But I'm not really complaining, I tend to do my best work under pressure. ;)

So quickly, quickly, I finally got the altered Punk Kaylee onto a card here recently for a special internet friend's birthday... happy birthday Terry! I had started this little gal back in August for a paper piecing video and she has been waiting patiently on my desk along with all the papers that I had pulled to go with her until a couple weeks ago. Then she caught my eye when I was wanting to make a b-day card and I thought, "Why not?". She looks like a fun party girl to me... what do you think?

Ok, I've seriously got to get a move on. I hope the rest of you get some time to rest and relax today!
Later! :)
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Basic Grey (Lauderdale)
digi stamp- Some Odd Girl (Punk Kaylee)
stamps- Some Odd Girl (Sweet Thinkin' Mae, present), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox chestnut roan
Kaiser Craft gems
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, R85, YG21, YG93
hair- E50, E51, E53, Y11, RV14, RV17, RV19
everything else- B37, B39, BV29, C5, C7, C9
present- RV04, RV17, RV19, YG21, YG23, YG25

19 comments:

Crafty Loops said...

I love the beautiful bright colours in this card and the image is so lovely too. Smashing card as always Amy. Lee x

AtStudioD said...

Oh eM Ge!! I love PUNK KAYLEE!!! I'm totally adding her to my wish list.

=) TFS.

x0, Damaris

Caroline said...

Oh she is adorable!! Love her hair, and her dress!! Beautiful colours in the the papers you chose too!

Caroline said...

Oh she is adorable!! Love her hair, and her dress!! Beautiful colours in the the papers you chose too!

Nancy Thomas said...

Love her pink highlights. Such an interesting layout too. Fun card! Have a fun day off.

Cindy H. said...

This little lady is definitely ready for the party scene :) Just so cute!!

Sudha said...

Wow such a pretty creation. Like the colors n the image too.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com
http://sudha-kalra.blogspot.com/p/shop.html

Annette Allen said...

that image is way fun... Love that gift stamp too... Great card.

Brandi said...

She is fabulous! Love the colors! :)

Hlora said...

LOVE your sweet image and your sentiment!

Creations by Shirl said...

Oooh love punk Kaylee, she looks like she's going to have a groovy birthday..... Love her paper piece dress and pretty papers in the bg...

gobeagirl said...

Happy Birthday to Terry. This is just adorable and I am sure she is going to love it. I hope that your Creative fairy is sitting on your shouler all day so that you are able to work everything with little to no effort at all. I can not wait to see all your wonderful goodies in action. Sounds like fun!!! Have a great day my friend. Hugs, Lisa

Marzenciuk said...

Wow! I love her hair ;)

Greetings!

Cami said...

Another adorable card Amy! Love her funky/punky hair with the pink tips! So, so pretty!
Hugs, Cami

Kelly Schelske said...

Super fun hair do Amy! Fun card too!!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Amy, you are the SOG queen! I love how you altered Kaylee here. Love, love, love it!

Unknown said...

I hope your day is fabulous too :) yay this is one sweet card, love the colours and fab hair that is xxx

RiNNE said...

Eeeeeeek!!!!! I loooooove this card! Swoon! Your altering and paper piercing are fab!! STM's outfit is one of my favorites!! The papers are stunning! Perfect card!

Leanne said...

Cool altering and love her hair!! the paper piecing is so cool and i bet your friend just loved it! ;)