Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Keep warmth in your heart

Good morning!

I hope all is well for everyone as we hit that mid-week mark. And for those of us getting ready to celebrate Thanksgiving tomorrow I hope you have a wonderful day full of love, laughter and lots of delicious food, LOL! :)

I'm actually going to be taking a day off from the ol' blog tomorrow, as I will be busy with the fam. So I hope you don't mind me posting a final Thanksgiving card for 2011 one day early.
I recently colored up Cheeky Cherry Pie for a Copic video that you can find here and here or on Color Me Copic, and I thought that she would be perfect for a sweet Thanksgiving Day card. Mostly because I think that a slice of pecan pie is the best part of the entire feast but also because these new Gathering papers from Authentique look like they were just made to go with this vintage looking little gal. Plus the color combo is one of my all time faves so that didn't hurt either. ;)

When it came time to put the card base together, I checked out the current challenges running over at the Farm Fresh blog and decided to play along with the Friday Spyday #7. I veered slightly from the original layout design but I was really inspired by the heart theme going on so of course I had to add some warm and fuzzy hearts of my own. I think they tie back nicely to the sentiment I chose and are reminiscent of the love and gratitude we should all have this time of year.

Big love and hugs to all and I'll see ya back here on Friday... 'cause there is no crazy Black Friday shoppin' for me!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper/die cuts- Authentique (Gathering)
stamp- The Greeting Farm (Cheeky Cherry Pie)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Prima pearls
Papertrey Ink twine
American Crafts fleece hearts
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, W1, W3, E31
hair- YR20, YR21, YR23, E33
clothes- G00, BG34, BG72, YR00, YR02, YR18, E81, E87, E47, 0,
pie- E31, E33, E35, C1, C3, C5

24 comments:

Zarah said...

That is lovely - really gives me a WARM feeling, so in other words: way to go!!

Hlora said...

Beautiful card, great colours you used and this is such a sweet image. Hugs. Hlora xx

Francy said...

Wonderful card, I love the stamp and the colour used.
Hugs
Francy

Maria Therese said...

Just so delicious!!

yvon said...

Wow, what a cute lady with her little pie. Gorgeous creation.
Hugs, Yvon

Cindy H. said...

So cute!! I love the papers you used with this cutie. Happy Thanksgiving, Amy!

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the subtle fall colors - beautiful. Have a great Thanksgiving Amy!

Liliya said...

Oh, the way you colour hair on stamps is sooo incredible!! Love the embellishments on this card! Very cute and just where it should be. Perfect card!

♥Rach♥ said...

She's absolutely adorable, totally love her! Love the warm color scheme and papers too, really beautiful Amy :0)

Isa said...

Amy, it´s a BEAUTIFUL card !! I love this picture :)
So SWEET !!

Leanne said...

Amy, she's wonderful! I love the softness of your card and the sentiment is beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your time off with the family. :)

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE she is gorgeous! Great Thanksgiving card! Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving AMY!!!!
Hugs, Heidi

Jacilynn said...

I really love that color combo! What a sweet little baker. Can't wait for the pie this Thanksgiving ;)

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ohhhhh, so sweet. Adorable image, love the DPs, embellies, and that pie looks yummy.

Unknown said...

she's adorable Amy! Love the color combo..I tend to color her up like that everytime lol..it just feels right=) Have a great Thanksgiving!

Mimi said...

awwww...can really feel the warmth of this adorable card! She's colored beautifully and just love the colors too! Cute felt hearts and pearls!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Amy! ;)

Creations by Shirl said...

Yep she is also my fav to colour up!
love the way you did yours!!
Have a great day off and Happy gobble, gobble to you and your family....

Dotty Jo said...

Yummy! Love this card Amy, your colouring is perfection yet again, Jo x

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute Amy!!

Arabella said...

Absolutely gorgeous Amy! I love the colours you have used!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Arabella

RiNNE said...

Loooooove it! From the sentiment to the color combo to the image and papers. Really gives that warm feeling and perfect got the Holiday! Happy Thanksgiving!!! And enjoy your bloggy day off! :)

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy this card is just spectacular! I watched your video of her and I so enjoyed it. I am loving this paper.... It reminds me of my favorite MME set from this summer. :O) So cute! I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. Have an extra piece of peacon pie for me. It is my all time favorite! Yummm... We are spending today just the four of us, and then back to work for me tomorrow. I am keeping my eye on the ball however as the week after Christmas is now set and I can NOT wait! Hugs to your and your babies and family too. Lisa

Shirley N said...

The perfect Thanksgiving card, this is beautiful Amy! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Juls said...

utterly gorgeous!! Love the tape measure detail, and the fabby pearl detail! Hugs Juls