Saturday, November 26, 2011

Getting ready for winter

Olo!

Any big plans for this weekend? Nothing much exciting on my agenda I'm afraid. But that's ok, maybe something fun will come up when I least expect it. :)

So my card today is actually a result of a video request that I got a while ago that involved coloring up Wild Sprout DeeDee from TGF. And since I've always thought that her little boots would work great with a winter transformation this was the perfect time to color her up. The videos can be found here and here or over on the Color Me Copic blog if you're interested on seeing how she came together. I did a bit of easy altering by adding Wild Sprout Camille's coat over top DeeDee's original body. Boy, I've paired that coat up with several other Sprouts over the years... it's just so perfect for making a non-Christmas image work on a Christmas/winter card. And I put a bunch more of my Christmas scraps to use on this one. Which is fantastic considering I kinda couldn't resist a couple deals that I found for new Christmas papers online this Black Friday. ;)

Anywho, I suppose I should go get ready for the day. Have a wonderful weekend my friends!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon (snowflake, stripe and snowman), We R Memory Keepers (green houndstooth)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (WS DeeDee, WS Camille)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox chestnut roan
Making Memories die cut snowflakes
Cosmo Cricket tiny type sentiment
buttons
Kaiser Crafts pearls
Copic markers:
skin- E21, E23, E25, E27, E07
hair- T5, T7, T9, 100
clothes- R24, R27, R29, E18, R30, R32, R35, G00, BG32, BG18, YG21, YG23, YG95

15 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

She's adorable! Lovely card, Jo x

Nancy Thomas said...

She is colored beautifully - I have such a hard time with AA skin. I need to watch your video. Love this card - the colors are so pretty.

Marianne said...

Oh, she's cute. You have dressed her up perfectly for winter. Also love the way you have repeated the colours of your pp in the snowflake mats and buttons. Very subtle and effective!

Caroline said...

What a darling she is :) Beautiful snowflakes!

Maria Therese said...

Gooooooooooorgeous!!

Cindy H. said...

So cute!! I love her hair and the pink dp is lovely. tfs

Creations by Shirl said...

Awww she's a cutie pie, she fits perfect for your card layout....
Have a great weekend my friend....
hugs Amy!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

This is so sweet and I love the sentiment.

chrilvian said...

aaaaah she is one of my favo tgfjes
(my eyes are twinkling)
sweet card amy

RiNNE said...

Wonderful card, Amy!! Love the bundle of papers & embellies to one side. Cool colors too! Can't wait to view the vids! And yay for not having plans-- sometimes I love days like those!

Leanne said...

Hi Amy! I love how she turned out and how you added the jacket. So versatile. She's so adorable and with the papers and embellishments she looks ready to dive in for some winter fun!
I'm gonna stay home this weekend and maybe get some cyber shopping in. I need to start Christmas cards and maybe some projects too. We shall see. Hope something fun pops up for ya, and even if it doesn't I'm sure you will find some fun at home. Have a wonderful Saturday!!
Hugs,

Crafty Loops said...

This card is really beautiful. Lee xx

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. Your DeeDee looks so hip with her little red boots and her green coat. I love the non traditional colors here. I have to go watch your video still, but I just have to tell how much I love her with these papers and just adorable she is. Hope you have a wonderful day. It is gray, but warm (48 degrees) so the kids are having a great time with my brother's 3 kids while their here today. Hugs, Lisa

Kelly Schelske said...

So cute Amy!!

Juls said...

gorgeous!!! Love the layout and the gorgeous pretty colours! Hugs Juls