Sunday, November 27, 2011

Grow everyday

Hey there!

So nothing fun came up yesterday, in fact I ended up spending a lot of my time cleaning. Have you ever bought something only to have it go missing before you could even use it? That's what sent me into my cleaning spree... I was going to make a card with a new little paper pad that I got recently but when I went to look for it, it was nowhere to be found. Sure, I could have changed my plan and gone with different papers but the missing paper pad kept bothering me so I just kept searching. Now I can report that while my room is clean the whereabouts of that paper are still unknown and not a card did I make.

Luckily, I still had this card from the SOG Nouveau Girls release that hadn't been posted here on my blog yet. Something about this gorgeous miss Grow brought to mind a nouveau style Snow White... it's probably that apple of hers. So naturally I had to give her some shiny black hair and fair skin. I think that all three of the Nouveau Girls are fabulous but if I had to pick a favorite, Grow would be the one. Something about her attitude speaks to me. :)

Alrighty folks, I hope your Sunday is a pleasant one. Anyone decorating for Christmas yet? I'm thinking that I might as well since the place is currently so clean, LOL!

Later gators!


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Making Memories (Noteworthy)
stamps- Some Odd Girl (Nouveau Girl Grow, clouds and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Autumn Leaves blue and Colorbox creamy brown
Prima flowers and leaves
Kaiser Craft gems
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, E07
hair- C5, c7, c9, 100
eyes- E57
clothes/apple- YG0000, YG01, YG93, YG95, YG63, YG67, BG11, BG13, R14, R17, E07, YG00, Y13

16 comments:

Larisa said...

Beautiful card, great colours you used and this is such a sweet image. Hugs. Larisa. xx

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card ♥♥

Nancy Thomas said...

Beautiful - love her hair especially and that gorgeous paper. It's a aign of a true papercrafter who recognizes every paper line, huh? Sorry you lost new pad but at least your house is clean.

Renkata said...

the image is so cute.
Amazing card Amy.

Caroline said...

I can relate - I couldn't find my tweezers yesterday and I was kicking myself for not putting them away where they should be. my biggest worry was that my hubby saw them lying around and put them 'away'!! Then I'd never find them, but no worries, by the time I needed my adhesive, there they were tucked in nicely in that basket. They are back where they belong now :)

You have coloured Grow absolutely beautifully, she almost looks real!

Lau W said...

So cute image, your card is just so nice !!!
xxx

Robin said...

Gorgeous card Amy!!
Robin

Kelly Schelske said...

Love this Amy! Love the random placement of the gems!!

Cami said...

Amy, you are so funny but I can SO relate to your dilemma hehehe! Your card is adorable!!! She is beautifully colored and you have strategically placed the flowers and gems perfectly using the design of the paper! Have a wonderful day, and I do hope your new paper pad appears!
Warm hugs,
Cami

RiNNE said...

Wow!! I can surely relate because it's happened to me so many times as well!! It's like I know I just saw that perfect paper for this stamp/ card and no other will do!! I hope you find it shortly!! I'm actually in that same dilemma because I can't find my Nouveau stamps!!!! I'm panicking as I type this :(. I came to find that they were missing when I wanted to enter a second time for the GDT call :(. Ugggh!! I know they are here somewhere!!

Love the card! It's simple but such a stunner!! I love that you made her look a little like Snow White (have you seen the trailers for all the SW movies they're making? Looks good!!). That paper is gorgeous too!!

Leanne said...

It will eventually turn up. Just when you least expect it to. On the bright side your place is clean! ahaha, yea little consolation I bet. hehehe.
Another wonderful card Amy. She's colored beautifully, and I love how you used the paper to your advantage. The flowers and rhinestones add a wonderful and whimsical touch. Happy decorating, I'll be doing some laundry and trying to continue the Christmas cardmaking. Adios!

MagsB said...

Lovely, elegant card!

love, MagsB x

Isa said...

So sweet !!! Love the picture and colours, very pretty !!

Annette Allen said...

beautiful card Amy...

Creations by Shirl said...

wow love your colouring Amy~
that apple looks so real ready for me to take a bite off it....
Have a great evening....

Juls said...

this image is just stunning! Your colouring is beautiful, and I Love the sprinkling of red gems! Hugs Juls