Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Warm & Cozy Christmas

Happy hump day!

Ok, so I just have to talk Glee for a moment. It was back with a new episode last night and I thought it was a great one. I especially loved the music, so many great songs... but Finn's rendition of Girls Just Wanna Have Fun blew me away! OMGosh, I couldn't believe how amazing it was and I will totally be downloading it onto my ipod today! :)

Moving on to my card, this one was totally just for fun and wanting to play around with a bit of altering. That and I also wanted to play along in the Monday Fun Day challenge to use three of something on a card. I've had this idea for a while to create a cocoa sipping Anya using Cafe Ian's mug holding arm. And since this was going to be a Christmas card I thought it would be cute to put her in some fun Christmas pjs so I pulled out Dress Me Anya's body and pajamas. Then to finish her off I grabbed Travel Anya for her great head of hair. Doesn't she look like she's just woken up and is ready to settle in for a Christmas morning full of opening presents and snuggling with Ian? :)
And as for the challenge, my original plan was to use three pattern papers but then I went and paper pieced her pajamas which got me up to four. So when I added the holly leaves I made sure that there were three on there... but technically I also used three TGF stamps to create this Anya, LOL!

Alrighty, I've got a day off and I'm hoping to get a video or two done so we'll see how that goes.
TTYL!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (Merry Little Christmas)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Travel Anya, Dress Me Anya set and Cafe Ian), Stampendous (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox chestnut roan
Martha Stewart border punch
Papertrey Ink Itty Bitty Bird die
felt
Making Memories holly leaves
Kaiser Craft pearls
Copic black multiliner 0.3 pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- YR31, YR23, YR24, Y38, E35
clothes- R00
mug- R24, R29, E18

38 comments:

Liliya said...

So cute!! Smiled all the time, while was looking at the card and all the details!

Maria Therese said...

Oh sweetie your the best at mixing stamps!! Gorgeous card!

Juls said...

so cute!!! Hugs Juls

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE your card is totally Adorable!
Love it!!
Hugs, Heidi

Shaela said...

beautiful card... this should be a real Anya, your altering is darling! :)

МамаФиалка said...

красиво!!!!

eva said...

this is so super cute and cozy! if only it was an actual stamp cause i don't think i can alter like you.

Isa said...

how sweet and nice, congrats !
Isa

Unknown said...

so adorable! I always love when you piece bodies/heads together..and I LOVE that little birdie..I think I need him now lol =)

Nancy Thomas said...

Super sweet card - love your stamp altering abilities. Have a great day off.

faithnme said...

WOW Amy you continue to amaze.. this is just soo gorgeous... I love everything about it...

Thanks for playing along with us for our weekly challenges

Hugs

Creations by Shirl said...

Loving this card Amy~
Her pjs is just adorable, you chose the right papers for it too.... Such a sweet card!

Jenny said...

So adorable... now I want to get these stamps!

Mimi said...

O-M-G!! This is sooo super cute Amy!! I just love her in PJs with a cup of coffee!! Adorable paper pieced pajamas...and the altered Anya is perfect!! Have a great day! ;)

Marzenciuk said...

wow. I love pyjamas and this one is so cute. Sweet card :)

Marzenciuk said...

wow. I love pyjamas and this one is so cute. Sweet card :)

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, I love it. TFS.

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

So cute! Love the pyjamas.

Kelly Schelske said...

She's so cute, love her pj's!

Unknown said...

Oh So so so CUTE! I altered travel anya and she sure is fun to work with alterations!

Unknown said...

This is so cute Amy, what a sweet image.. I luv luv her pajamas xx

Cindy H. said...

Very cute!! Reminds me of my nieces who always got "Christmas pj's" on Christmas Eve :)

Leanne said...

ACK!!! I sooo love this one Amy! Her pjs are super cute and that cup is perfect. Sigh, this card is adorable! Her hair is gorgeous! love the waves.
Have a great day off! Can't wait to see what the new video is.
;)

Crafty Loops said...

This card is really lovely Amy. I can just see you sitting in your craft room, ear phones attached, singing away to "Girls just wanna have fun" and crafting to your hearts content. lol. Lee xx

Danni said...

Love, love, love this!!Super cute!

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous Amy, so colourful
Clairexx

Sara I. said...

She is so adorable in her paper pieced pajamas! Love it! xx

Kim Swenson said...

How cute! I was really hoping it was a new Anya design!

Caroline said...

I love this - it should be their next creation ;) One of my favourite things is comfy warm pj's!!

khushifairy said...

one of the fasinating cards. great work Amy. but don't you think two or three red beads would look beautiful at top left.
valentine gifts pakistan
Gifts to pakistan

Alice said...

it's always a treat to visit you, Amy! i just love looking at your coloring and the designs are always so fun and fresh. you are amazing, girl! love love your work! hope you are well. big hugs! =)

Hanneke said...

What a cute card! Love the image and that button flower, leaves and birdie. Hugs, Hanneke

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy, I know I say it all the time, but I really think this is one of my all time Favorite one of your cards. She looks so darn adorable with her warm PJs on and her awesome cup of coco to go with that Christmas morning snuggle. :O) I am going to be looking like this come the 25th, only I'll have Betty Boop on my pj's and a warm cup of coffee with the best cream and sugar mixed in. lol... I can not wait for Christmas day this year. Hope you are doing well. I kind of fell off the face of the planet this week, but I am getting back into it. Hope you have a great Friday my friend. Hugs, Lisa

RiNNE said...

Brilliant!! Your altering is just amazing -- Anya looks dating in her pj's!! I wanted to get matching pajamas for my little fam. This totally makes me want to get them even more!!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

oh my goodness! How super sweet! I love how you put her together, especially her paper pieced pjs! Adorable!!!
Thanks for playing along :)
hugs, margie xo

donna mikasa said...

Your altering always blows me away! How cozy cute is this? Love her paper pieced PJs! Such a delightful card!

Lindsay said...

very cute. Love her little pjs.

Terri said...

Any way to find out the exact name of the Stampendous sentiment stamp? I wonder if it is still available to purchase?
Awesome card!!
Thanks