Monday, December 10, 2012

A simple Christmas

Good morning!

So I am proud to report that I was pretty successful with my desk cleanup yesterday. It took longer than I expected but now I've finally got space to work again. There is still more to do in the rest of the room but that will have to wait for now. And since I didn't want to mess up all that hard work the card I made completely uses up stuff found in the mess. 

First, I found this sweet scene from Lili of the Valley called, Away in a Manger, in a pile of stamped and ready to color images. It's on PTI cardstock so I know it's been waiting around for at least a couple years. The card base and gold paper both came from a pile in one corner of the desk and the brown paper strips were already punched... talk about quick! All I had to do was color then add a bit of twine and bling and the card was done. This one is going to be perfect for my grandparents as I know my grandma will really love it. :)

Well, it's Monday again and that means the Christmas rush is back on. Guess I should go get ready to tackle everything on the to-do list. Thanks for stopping by and I hope this new week is off to a great start for ya!    
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- gold and brown
stamps- Lili of the Valley (Away in a Manger), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Knot & Bow twine
Kaiser Craft gems
EK Success border punch
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E02, R00, R20, BV01 (shadow on everything)
hair- E30, E31, E34
manger/hay/ground- E31, E33, E35, E57, Y21, YR24, E33, E55
sheep- E40, E41, W00, T6, T9, R02
sky- BV20, BV23, 0

18 comments:

Trina said...

Love the rays and sheep's texture! Great coloring!

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is so pretty. I love how you have colored it up and I really love that twine. Very festive. You make me laugh as my desk always seems to have printed or stamped images laying around as well. The papers well, you know I have a ton in baggies so it's always a free for all. :O) Glad you were able to get your desk cleaned though. For me it always invigorates me to be more creative. One would think I would always keep it clean, but Ummm NO! I had a wonderful day yesterday as I put Glee in the computer and created away. Hope you have a great Monday. Hugs, Lisa

Tress said...

Beautiful! Your coloring of the background with the star's glow is fabulous!

Lau W said...

Oh wow so fab colouring, you're card is so cute Amy !
xx

corryskaart said...

hoi amy
wat een lieve en mooie kaart en die stempel daar werd ik gelijk verliefd op:-))
groetjes van corry

Marianne said...

Well done on getting your desk clean AND creating a great card with the elements you found in the mess. I've decided to take a 2-week break form work over the holidays, so now my husband is hoping we'll be finally able to tackle the spare/junk room to clear it out and turn it into a crafting space. Maybe not such a bad idea...
Have a wonderful week!
Marianne x

Billie A said...

So darling. Love the image and sentiment. The bling is added just right. I have such a hard time adding bling. Where and when to stop.. Your card is awesome.

Rhonda Miller said...

This is beautiful. I love the image.

Heidi Brawley said...

Omg this is Adorable. Your grandparennts are going to love it!!!! Congrats on getting your room cleaned up. I am jealous. My room is a disaster.
Have an awesome day. Hugs, Heidi

Danni said...

So precious!

Mette said...

Gratz on cleaning your desk. I clean mine after every card (can't create with mess and my desk is tiny lol).

Super adorable image. love it. And the colours are perfect.

Hugs, Mette

Karla said...

I am just amazed at your talent.

Nikki said...

Awe this is just so sweet :)

Dangina Martinez said...

This has to be the most adorable card I've seen all week. I love the image and the way you added that fun scene.
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

Leanne said...

Awwwthis is very sweet Amy!
Glad u got ur workspace cleared. Have fun getting it messy again! :)

Unknown said...

Very sweet!

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

Such an inspiring piece of work you've created! Love everything about it!

RiNNE said...

Oh, I just adore that image! What an elegant card with all the golds! Terrific job!