Sunday, December 23, 2012

Good Cheer

Good morning!

The count down to Christmas is on and I've got some goodie baking to do today with the help of my sister. There will be cut out cookies, popcorn balls and I still want to try my hand at that Christmas Crack. It should make for a pretty busy day.

My card today was actually driven by the paper before the stamp, which is not my norm. I have really wanted to use that great subway art type print from October Afternoon but it proved difficult to pair up with anything because I would always lose too much of the overall look. I needed an image that I could easily cut out but nothing too big... say hello to You Shine a la mode. At first I didn't think she would work because that strand of lights would be a pain to cut but then I stamped her directly on the pattern paper first, then onto the Copic X-Press and colored her up there. Once I had that done I could just cut her and the bulbs out then glue them onto the initial impression. It's prefect... she's thin enough that you can still read most of those words in the background but bright enough to steal the spotlight. 

Ok, that's it for me today. Later gators!       

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon (Make it Merry)
stamp- My Favorite Things (a la modes You Shine)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
The Twinery twine
Kaiser Craft gems
Jolee's lights stickers
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Gold Smooch
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E35, E57, E59
clothes/lights- YG03, YG67, G29, N5, N7, N9, Y11, Y13, Y17, R14, R17, E09, G07, B05, B37, YR04, YR18

8 comments:

Leanne said...

Amy this is fabulous!! Love the fun paper and she's cute!! Great card!
I bet your house smells yummy today with all the baking. Have fun with your sis and hope you get to the Christmas crack. :)

Rhonda Miller said...

This is gorgeous.

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this is super duper cute!!!! love the subway art DP style!!! what a cute a la mode too!!! so how did that Christmas Crack turn out??? Love those sticker lights too!!! hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

What a fun idea/ concept for this card! I love the result and this cute stamp.

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is just adorable! I love the papers and she looks fantastic with Christmas lights on top of it. I hope you had a great time with your Sister backing. Wow, I am so not a baker. I love to make soft pretzels from scratch and the M&Ms chocolate bday cake, but other than those I tend to just enjoy eating it all. lol.. Hope your Monday goes well. Merry Christmas Lisa

Juls said...

fabby!! Loving the rounded corners. Hugs Juls

Tara Godfrey said...

Super cute, Amy! Love the ALM You Shine girl with this paper and I love the little light stickers....I LOVE it all!
Hugs,t

RiNNE said...

Good to hear you had a great time with your sissy! Super cute..love how you colored the lights..they look so realistic~ Miss ya, lady! Hope you had a Happy Holiday!